Respected Contributor

Felicity Huffman pleads guilty

Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty, today.  This is her statement:

I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions," she said in a statement.
"I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community. I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly.
"My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her. This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty," she said in the statement.

Simple, straight forward!
Honored Contributor

Re: Felicity Huffman pleads guilty

She really didn't have a choice, she got caught. Let's face it, if she wouldn't have gotten caught it no doubt never would have bothered her that she commited a crime.

Trusted Contributor

As far as I'm concerned it's hogwash.  She's not sorry for doing it -- she's sorry she got caught. 

Honored Contributor

I just finished a minute ago reading the article on that and I so cringed on her behalf when she talked about betraying her daughter.  I had not thought of that way at all during this whole mess.  I cannot imagine living with that shame forever.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

She really didn't have a choice, she got caught. Let's face it, if she wouldn't have gotten caught it no doubt never would have bothered her that she commited a crime.

ITA.

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

As far as I'm concerned it's hogwash.  She's not sorry for doing it -- she's sorry she got caught. 

Yep...it's like...sorry, not sorry. It's only to get a lighter fine/punishment.

Honored Contributor

I think Lori pleaded Not Guilty but her attorneys are probably trying to work a deal with prosecutors.

Honored Contributor

She’s handling it better than Lori. Still trying to get out of it. I think the public will remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

They have her dead to rights.She really had no choice but to try to mitigate the damage.By speaking up she’s no doubt hoping that the prosecution & ultimately the judge will go easy on her.She’s also trying to shield her daughter from any possible backlash by saying that she knew nothing about the scam.

It’s a well orchestrated apology.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

She’s also trying to shield her daughter from any possible backlash by saying that she knew nothing about the scam.

I thought the same thing.  By "apologizing" to her daughter, she's telling the rest of us that her daughter wasn't complicit.  Whether that's true, who knows.