Honored Contributor

So on Friday I ordered a MacBook Air from Best Buy. I was suppose to have delivery on Monday. I stayed home because the delivery requires a signature. By 6:30 in the evening I called FedEx to complain ( not an easy feat because they make you jump through hoops to speak to a customer rep).So I was told it would be delivered today by noon. I stayed home all day today, by 6:30 I hadn't received it, so I called today. I was told it was out for delivery I could get it by 8:00, I didn't get it. Now it is suppose to come tomorrow by noon. I am livid, they are making me stay home for three days waiting for a delivery. I just wish FedEx would have been upfront and said we can't deliver it until Wednesday, that would have been fine. Oh, I forgot to mention, I saw a FedEx truck stop on my block, why wasn't my package on the truck if it was out for delivery?

Trusted Contributor

The same thing used to happen to me when I was a routine customer of Chewy although I realize a MacBook Air has much more value than a bunch of pet food (although this may be disputed by my animals). I too dreaded being chained to my home waiting and waiting as well as being told that the truck I saw in the neighborhood was not my truck with my pet food.  I now just buy pet food in person and hoard it like t/p and p/t. Hopefully your situation will come through for you soon.  So sorry...I feel your pain. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: FedEx Has Let Me Down

[ Edited ]

It is frustrating and annoying.  And yes, reaching a CS person makes you want to scream.

Is it possible to track it yourself?  I've learned to do my own tracking, get updates, etc., by texts or e-mails. It doesn't get here any quicker, but you are not sitting around waiting for FedEx or UPS to show up.

I hope it arrives tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Re: FedEx Has Let Me Down

[ Edited ]

Sorry - you would think FedEx would have a better way of tracking the package. So they could give you an accurate delivery date. 

I ordered something last Wednesday (11/25/20). I received notification that it was to be delivered  yesterday. It wasn't delivered. So I checked tracking again. It is being shipped from Los Angeles, California. The package is still in Los Angeles, California. 

I made sure I ordered it before Cyber Monday. I think shipping is going to be unpredictable this Christmas.

PS -  GRRR!  12/7/20 Well, it has been over one week and the package is still in Los Angeles. The Delivery Date is still November 30, but there is a notation it is delayed.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So on Friday I ordered a MacBook Air from Best Buy. I was suppose to have delivery on Monday. I stayed home because the delivery requires a signature. By 6:30 in the evening I called FedEx to complain ( not an easy feat because they make you jump through hoops to speak to a customer rep).So I was told it would be delivered today by noon. I stayed home all day today, by 6:30 I hadn't received it, so I called today. I was told it was out for delivery I could get it by 8:00, I didn't get it. Now it is suppose to come tomorrow by noon. I am livid, they are making me stay home for three days waiting for a delivery. I just wish FedEx would have been upfront and said we can't deliver it until Wednesday, that would have been fine. Oh, I forgot to mention, I saw a FedEx truck stop on my block, why wasn't my package on the truck if it was out for delivery?

@Jordan2  Is there somewhere you need to be? You keep mentioning that you had to stay home.... Are you staying home from work?

I think with things so crazy now with online delivery it is only going to get worse. As far as the FedEx truck on your block, there are many FedEx trucks.....not just one delivering all the packages...of course you knew that....

Patience Grasshopper🙂

Trusted Contributor

I hear your frustration. FedEx has unreliable tracking in my area. For instance, I have a package that was supposed to be delivered Friday, then Saturday, then even Sunday, and then yesterday. It came today from about 60 miles away.  I have learned by experience that FedEx trucks usually do not show up in my area on Friday or Saturday and that when I track, the message that says it will arrive by 8:00 is for a package that has not even left the facility. I hate that so many of my deliveries come FedEx.  I realize we are in crazy times, but my patience in getting medical supplies for my mother and my cat that are not available locally is wearing thin.

However, this post should be about you. I hope that when your computer arrives that you love it and find that it is worth the wait.

Honored Contributor

I have an app Shop that I use to track packages. The app is only as good as the information provided by the carrier. FedEx does not update tracking often.

Honored Contributor

It does seem strange that they wouldn't put all the boxes in the truck destined for one neighborhood the driver is going to.  

It could be the driver missed your package in the truck until he saw it at the end of his shift.  Decided not to go back to your neighborhood...but twice?  Not very believable.  

It could be a series of errors...more believable to me since they have a lot of new temporary workers at this time.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I would be irked as well...I had a similar issue this summer.  I was given the choice to wait for the delivery at home or have it deliered to my local Walgreens and pick up there.  That option worked for me.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 -

Wow, the same happened to me and I can see many others here too!

I rarely order things but have for gifts esp lately.

The first one ever from Fedex the email with tracking said to be delivered 12/1-12/3. Then the next email tracking said to be delivered by end of day Monday (Nov 30). No pkg. Then today the tracking said delivery date pending!

I agree that if they just were better at saying when it would actually be delivered it would be better. I planned a surprise night around this arriving and I have to keep changing the date. I love companies that are reliable and this has been a weird and frustrating experience.

I have not found this with other shippers so far.

Maybe FedEx is having a hard time delivering and updating things recently and or have lots of medical supplies and PPEs to deliver. Who knows?

Well, yeah, its not the most important.

We sure learn to be flexible and wait

and just glad if we all keep safe these days.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"