Honored Contributor

Best Buy just sent me an email apologizing for the delay, they sent me an email yesterday too.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Maybe you could have it delivered to your work or to one of those local companies that take fed ex deliveries like the poster mentioned about Walgreens?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Best Buy just sent me an email apologizing for the delay, they sent me an email yesterday too.

@Jordan2   I don't blame you as I would be livid also.  Some of us are not living in our home because of Covid.  No one should be expected to have to be at their home 3 days in a row.  I personally always have some place to go and I am living like a normally do Covid or not.   I would let them know in some way.  Good Luck hope you get it soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a Christmas wreath and was told FedEx would deliver Saturday, it didn’t come, I checked status and now it said Monday but I received it Sunday.

I signed up for text status but didn’t even get one update  

Honored Contributor

Online shopping is up 30% or more over last year due to covid so nothing is as fast as it used to be. There isn't much you can do about it.  

I'd never stay home unless Fedex.com said something was being delivered.  I wouldn't rely on dates given by a retailer these days.

I signed up and get emails the day before about deliveries from FedEx and have never had a problem. Track your order on fedex.com.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a package that was supposed to be delivered Monday stuck in Olathe Kansas since Saturday and it doesn't look like it's planning on moving anytime soon. 

Another time a few weeks ago I had something that was on the truck from Apple and suddenly it was gone. Seems the driver couldn't find my house so he sent the item back to the vendor. I wonder about that being the package was from Apple and they said they never got it and sent me a new one. My guess is he opened it thinking it was something expensive and found out it was only a plug. I live in a normal subdivision where FedEx routines delivers and I always get deliveries from Chewy. 

Esteemed Contributor

FEDEX is the worst IMO.....I know all shippers are having issues but for something expensive like electronics....you want to be there for the delivery because of the "Porch Pirates"

Honored Contributor

FedEx is a mess and has been for months.  I dread when I get a shipping confirmation and see that it is coming FedEx.  I cannot tell you how many times I check tracking to see an item is out for delivery only to check later in the day and find out it is delayed.

Fairly recently something being delivered to me was at my local hub and on a truck for delivery only to end up out of my state, back in my state, back out of my state and then back in my state.  Either the tracking was way off or something went wrong.  LOL

Super Contributor

I ordered something from JoAnn's and I signed up for updates from FedEx.  The package is due to be delivered by end of the day, today.  But looking at the tracking history, as of 7:18 a.m. this morning it's still in Concord, NC. Since I'm in Kentucky, I guess they use the transporters from Star Trek.  Smiley LOL  Anything is possible I suppose, but thinking about the time getting here, then transferring to local delivery truck, etc., doesn't seem likely.

I also signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager, because I wanted to have the package delivered to the FedEx store here in town instead of being left on my porch to be stolen.  I followed the instructions they give to do that, but what they say to click on doesn't appear on the wesite.  I have no idea how to do it.  Oh, well...

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

When you order something online to be delivered, you don't have a say about what carrier they use. I notice a lot of packages from UPS go to the local post office, where it often sits for a day or two before I receive it. This holiday season you should shop very early or pickup your orders at the store.