Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@nana59  I use the Air room spray, linen and sky scent.

A light spray does the job. The odor is light and almost cotton-y. I HATE sweet scented sprays but this freshens the air nicely.

As said, a little goes a long way.

I have been using the product for years and love it.   I use the same scents you mentioned, nothing sweet scented for me thank you.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I simmer some whole cloves ,and stick cinnamon in some water, with a drop of vanilla

Honored Contributor

Re: Febreeze Air Effects

[ Edited ]

Febreeze and Glade and laundry softener just smell so fake and awful to me.  I can't stand to smell those types of things.

I've been using Mrs. Myers cleaning products.  The scents are fresh and don't have a synthetic smell to them at all.  

I wouldn't want to use anything in my home that causes me to sneeze and wheeze.  That isn't healthy.

Honored Contributor

Our dog is so sensitive to so many things that I don't like to spray anything in the house, if I can help it. So I have been using Bad Air Sponge. It does the job without having to spray it all around.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Febreeze is ok, I have used it in the past. A little goes a long ways, when they use it on the commercials they are spraying way too much. I actually used to buy their candles, which were really nice, haven't seen those out for a while though.....I would stick with the lighter scents to try..I too prefer Mrs. Meyers products, they are fresh and light!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
@homedecor1 wrote:

And for years I've used Fresh Step catlitter -- omg it's now scented with Febreeze and goodness  it's "killing" me even my kitty smells like it!

Called Fresh Pet -- they no longer offer unscented in bags just box.  Plus, because it's unscented it's $4.00 more🙄.  I now use a scooper to fill cat box because I can't lift that heavy box.

Why oh why is it necessary to scent everything!!!

@homedecor1 ...I'm just quoting that portion of your post that I wanted to address.

My husband and I get Fresh Step Ultra Unscented cat litter in a four bag package...Each bag is 10 lbs...We get ours at BJ's...We keep a good supply in our garage...These individual small bags are so much easier to handle!

There are probably other places that carry it also.

Fresh Step Ultra Unscented Clumping Cat Litter,  42 lbs.

(eack pkg. contains four 10.5 lb. bags of litter)

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

because of arthritis, i am only able to shop online....been seeing commercials for Febreeze Air Effects...that don't send you running out of the house choking!!  anyone have a favorite scent that isn't too heavy.....thank you....

@nana59 

I love Fabreeze  and I keep buying it even though it makes me and my poor doggie  caugh our  heads off.

Really curious, why would you use a product that would have you cough, and make your dog cough? 

Is a product worth the discomfort not to mention what affect it might have on an animal.

It is your choice to use it and I am not saying you shouldn't, and I meant no offense, but was just wondering.

I really don't use it anymore ,but i did for quite a while. After my dog started coughing I regulated to my basement for quite a while. I don't use it anymore.

Honored Contributor

My friend just gave me these 'Little Trees'. They are suppose to go inside a car but i'd rather not use them there. I've never used anything like these but I plan on placing one inside my kitchen trash can, under the bag, and then maybe put one inside my furnace wedged inside the filter so when it blows the fragrance will go throughout the whole house. The vanilla smells really nice!

images.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I laughed when I saw the picture you posted.

I've not used these, but it reminded me of my years commuting on the bus.

The driver of one of our buses had hung one of these "trees" in pine scent from each and every air vent in the bus....maybe around 40 of them.

Needless to say, it was a bit much!

I'm sure one would be fine, but multiples were overwhelming.

Honored Contributor

I know! @Witchy Woman  I chuckled when my friend had one hanging in her car. But it smelled so nice so she handed me a 6-pack of the vanilla scented trees. I never knew they made so many different scents. I only remember those green pine ones you mentioned...those are iconic!