Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@nana59  I use the Air room spray, linen and sky scent.

A light spray does the job. The odor is light and almost cotton-y. I HATE sweet scented sprays but this freshens the air nicely.

As said, a little goes a long way.

thank you.....

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Personally, I never liked it.  To me it always smelled dirty.

I don't understand why it's being put into laundry detergents, dish detergents, swiffer dusters, all purpose cleaning products, etc.  

I bought some of the febreeze sniffers by mistake. Whoa they were strong. I was swiffing and sneezing.😆

Honored Contributor

I don't care for any kind of Febreeze.  Like @Pqfan  I messed up once and bought some 'swifters' (that's what I call them) cloths that go on the end of the mop head thing and wowsa - they had to go.  My birds have sensitive respiratory systems.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I like the new spray option in Bamboo.  Just smells clean.

Honored Contributor

Anything that causes humans and/or pets to cough and cough shouldn't be used.

Coughing is an allergic reaction of the body to try to eject the chemical from the lungs, and to prompt the body to move away from that chemical.

Pets (and babies/children) are at the mercy of their owners, and they really are innocent and often cannot physically remove themselves from the allergen/chemical/etc.

I recall recently seeing (on TV) a veterinarian warning pet owners to not use the various plug-in scented devices.  Many pets acquire seizures and serious respiratory problems.  Because of their tiny lungs and hearts, etc.

I'm only guessing that it would be even more dangerous to birds. (Ultra-small lungs and hearts, etc.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

To me Febreeze is the worst smelling stuff on earth, next to that old school toilet bowl deoderant they used to have in gas stations.

i can smell Febreeze on peoples clothes when in the store, or at a meeting.  To each their own.  It stuffs my nose, and literally nauseates me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Febreeze Air Effects

[ Edited ]

Nothing worse to walk into a hotel room that has been masked with Febreze and other scents- I'd love to see hotels start using non scent products- I have allergic rhinitis and Febreze sets me off instantly. 

We use Glad Apple Cinnamon spray and the gel air fresheners in our bathrooms (apple cinnamon).

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I am highly allergic to these scents...especially room sprays.  

Boy did I make a huge mistake I bought a big box of garbage bags at Sam's -- Glad ...I kept saying something is giving me a "headache" and smells like perfume in here.  As I'm throwing garbage away I smelled it more...I didn't see it on box (small lettering) "Now scented with Febreeze"...took those back!  

And for years I've used Fresh Step catlitter -- omg it's now scented with Febreeze and goodness  it's "killing" me even my kitty smells like it!

Called Fresh Pet -- they no longer offer unscented in bags just box.  Plus, because it's unscented it's $4.00 more🙄.  I now use a scooper to fill cat box because I can't lift that heavy box.

Why oh why is it necessary to scent everything!!!

Honored Contributor

HomeDecor1:

I can't imagine that your cat is crazy about it, either.

Cats and dogs have an ultra-keen sense of smell.

It HAS to bother them, but they cannot tell us.

Some pets end up with respiratory problems, I'm guessing; and I'll bet, that some owners don't relay to their vets the possible causes that are lurking around their homes.

Wishing all innocent children and pets well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

Not to go off track for the original post but my kitty box is in my "utility room where I keep my mixer & other small kitchen appliances.

When I went in the room I smelled perfume immediately 🤔🤔🤔 and my kitty isn't that friendly to jump up or snuggle.  I smelled it on him when I  was brushing him...very strong smell.

Youre right if it's choking me I can only imagine how it is when he's "digging & doing his business"....my poor kitty no sooner finishesIm in that room cleaning it😉