Honored Contributor

Re: Fastest Way to Get a Thread Shutdown...

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

It's QVC's baby, so they have complete control and the right to remove anything and anybody at will.

I have noticed, however, that certain posters can bend the rules that others can't. I have seen some really mean posts attacking others out there, and I have seen some that were generic and vague that were deleted.

I specifically remember the terrible posts to D***Abby that were never removed.  Some were sinister and beyond mean to a poster who was clearly in distress.

And that some mods don't know what political is.

Discussing the tie or hair color of a politician is not political.   Everytime  a certain political person is  mentioned...for any reason, it is proofed as political.

I just shake my head and go with the flow.

i have no idea who the "ABBY" person you are mentioning is. (actually, i think you are referring to @DowntonAbbey now that i think about it.) she has been back numerous times with numerous nicknames. cannot remember what her most current one was.

as for the discussing a "tie" on a politician......if people would just leave it as a tie post then there would be no harm. it ultimately turns into a political post......pretty darn close to 100% of the time. not necessarily because the OP wanted it that way (although some DO), but because of OTHER posters who cannot help themselves. THAT is why it is poofed as political.

have no idea if the OP meant this as a "fun" post or a serious post?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think the Mods are fair...I've posted I'm a conservative, a gun owner, made comments about current events, etc. I've had a couple posts removed but after thinking about it realized I wrote something that went too far & emailed the Mod an apology. Most posters have good intentions but must follow the rules & there are plenty of sites to discuss issues not allowed here. I also want to share that I had a post removed for being rude so I emailed the mod responsible to ask why & they replied they made a mistake & apologized... they didn't have to explain but they did & I appreciated it.

Respected Contributor

I was here 8 years ago. Then l just stopped. No real reason as to why. Any thing went then. People shouting and screaming at each other.I munched on popcorn a lot.😊
Respected Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I was here 8 years ago. Then l just stopped. No real reason as to why. Any thing went then. People shouting and screaming at each other.I munched on popcorn a lot.😊

It was wild and crazy then.  I left for a year or more sometime after and now I do try to behave myself though I admit I do not suffer fools and narcissists easily, so I do avoid a lot.  I never want to hurt anyone's feelings.  Narcissists are a different breed, they live for any attention.  Look no further than your news. 

There was a funny line in a sit-com that was canceled about a talking dog who was fed treats that gave the dog diarhhea.  The owner warned the person not to feed the dog the treats.  We still laugh about the dog's response: "Sometimes stuff just has to come out" said the dog.  That's how I feel about posting here whether it's reading somebody else's thoughts or laying down my own.

Honored Contributor

Standing up to a bigot

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its not hard folks like a Moderator told us back in the 80's when Forums first started when the worldwide web first started, and it still applies today in 2019.

Stick to opinions about THE TOPIC, and don't attack other writers with snarky comments and personal attacks!  And.... Watch what you say and how you say it.

Stick to QVC's Guidelines and Standards.....There are some that continuously try to post "controversial topics"...then get upset when their thread is removed.....

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/m-p/1856684#M2

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/qvc-community-standards.html?viewType=gallery&pageSize=96&re...

Here's some key points for those that may have never took the time to read them---

• Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religion, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees. Asking for and giving prayers is acceptable.
  • Personal attacks are not allowed - Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.
  • No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.
  • Do not cross-post - Don’t make duplicate posts across different forums — it clogs things up and fractures the conversation.
  • We may lock a thread - If a thread has turned into a non-constructive argument between users, or derailed entirely off topic, we will lock the thread to block further commenting. We will always share a reason why the discussion was locked.
  • Moderation decisions are final - We understand it can be frustrating when you do not agree with our decision to close or remove a discussion that you feel is appropriate. However, once we decide a post or member needs to be removed from the forums, the decision is final.

Please do not:bump messages---(the old threads)

There are some gray areas left to the Moderators discretion----example ...what's considered constructive feedback about hosts/vendors and what is considered an "unkind comment"...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to a poster.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Say the words  "governement shutdown".  

@chrystaltree

Plenty of other places to talk politics....I like this haven where we can find a bit of refuge from it all...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

It's QVC's baby, so they have complete control and the right to remove anything and anybody at will.

I have noticed, however, that certain posters can bend the rules that others can't. I have seen some really mean posts attacking others out there, and I have seen some that were generic and vague that were deleted.

I specifically remember the terrible posts to D***Abby that were never removed.  Some were sinister and beyond mean to a poster who was clearly in distress.

And that some mods don't know what political is.

Discussing the tie or hair color of a politician is not political.   Everytime  a certain political person is  mentioned...for any reason, it is proofed as political.

I just shake my head and go with the flow.

@Carmie

If that person is involved in politics even if it was discussion on clothing they wore you know where the discussion eventually will be headed.....and the Mods have the authority to stop  things in the bud before things get out of hand....As you said, go with the flow, it's their Forum they can run how they like it.  And I would rather see that then have the Forum shut down entirely like Amazon did

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

....or negatively discuss a host.

And yet there is a whole thread that was started out positively about Kristine Zell and went negative after that. It made me sad to see how that continued on. I wonder why other threads about hosts are deleted but this has remained.