Honored Contributor

Re: Fastest Way to Get a Thread Shutdown...

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

used to be a place online called home shopping queen something like that

where you could have real conversations and anything goes. When I searched for it it was all outdated threads from yrs ago .

No subject was off limits, etc.

TWOP, Television Without Pity, was the BEST!! Not one TV show was untouchable. It was “informative” 😉 and SO funny!  One I will NEVER forget, and laugh about to this day, was concerning an HSN vender, Esteban. The comment, “Hey, when did Zorro take up the guitar?!”😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

@Ifeelwicked

LOL!!!! TWOP Esteban just too funny

There was another TWOP classic...."A QVC Host Thanksgiving"... the premise was if all the QVC host attended a Thanksgiving Dinner together.  It wasn't mean spirited, just funny, and captured the personality of each host perfectly 😄😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don’t report unless it’s hate speech.  I’ve never been much of a #runtelldat kind of person.  It seems pretty petty. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

ITA

Many times it’s the ‘tone’ of the thread which gets it closed.

When I report, I try & identify the offending posts by #

and reason (‘baiting’, inappropriate’, etc).  

Also...if the word ‘YOU’ is used, ‘it better be ‘I love you’ or

‘you are awesome’ ‘cuz...whenever ‘you’ is used in a written forum,

more often it’s a finger-poke-in-the-chest. 

@sidsmom   excellent idea and one I hadn't thought of. Thanks.

@Tique

And, if applicable, inform the Moderators the offending post is being ‘piggybacked’ so they know to go through the entire thread for attached replies. 

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

where you could have real conversations and anything goes. When I searched for it it was all outdated threads from yrs ago .

TWOP, Television Without Pity, was the BEST!! Not one TV show was untouchable. It was “informative” 😉 and SO funny!  One I will NEVER forget, and laugh about to this day, was concerning an HSN vender, Esteban. The comment, “Hey, when did Zorro take up the guitar?!”😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

@Ifeelwicked

There was another TWOP classic...."A QVC Host Thanksgiving"... the premise was if all the QVC host attended a Thanksgiving Dinner together.  It wasn't mean spirited, just funny, and captured the personality of each host perfectly 😄😆

@Spurt wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

How did I miss that one? I actually just tried to pull the TWOP up. The graphics are there, but nothing is active. There has to be another similar website. Too many out there need a outlet to vent with no censorship.😜

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

If one really does want a thread to live on and it's a thread one ostensibly enjoys and hopes it will last, it seems counter productive to toss out bait of juvenile remarks with name calling at other posters putting the thread they enjoy in possible jeopardy. It is, though apparently an irresistible need that sits there waiting -- one hopes for the sake of the thread, unfulfilled.

@Free2be

That's what gets me....a topic is going along with some good conversation and then some jump in not adding or commenting at all about the topic just making snide/snarky comments about the author.....same people....I dont understand WHY 

@Spurt

It took me awhile to realize you were the poster who used the "mean girs" label.  If I was intended in that, I have an answer to your question "I don't understand WHY". I try to stickk to topics, not people but I'm not perfect by a long shot but I have a lengthy explanation to your question, again IF your comments are directed to me. 

Otherwise I'll drop it and probably everyone reading will be grateful. hehe

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
You have to learn to filter what you think or get banned. Plain and simple.. Sometimes ....😔

I posted here years ago too and man was it nasty. I used to do a lot of hysterical laughing at some of the stuff that was discussed, but there were a few really nasty people who posted. If you started a thread and it rubbed one of them the wrong way, you were really in for it. I would always defend my position, but it really started to get under my skin, so I too quit posting here for awhile. I would never post anywhere it was not anonymous.   

I don't care for any kind of censuring, so I don't think much of Mods, that being said, if there are rules on a site and you want to post there then you have no choice ,but to follow their rules.

Honored Contributor

I personally like these forums because they are a nice change from the other ones that are filled with politics, bad news, and negativity.
Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

If one really does want a thread to live on and it's a thread one ostensibly enjoys and hopes it will last, it seems counter productive to toss out bait of juvenile remarks with name calling at other posters putting the thread they enjoy in possible jeopardy. It is, though apparently an irresistible need that sits there waiting -- one hopes for the sake of the thread, unfulfilled.

@Free2be

That's what gets me....a topic is going along with some good conversation and then some jump in not adding or commenting at all about the topic just making snide/snarky comments about the author.....same people....I dont understand WHY 

@Spurt

It took me awhile to realize you were the poster who used the "mean girs" label.  If I was intended in that, I have an answer to your question "I don't understand WHY". I try to stickk to topics, not people but I'm not perfect by a long shot but I have a lengthy explanation to your question, again IF your comments are directed to me. 

Otherwise I'll drop it and probably everyone reading will be grateful. hehe

@Free2be

Oh no, you werent who I was referring to. You stick to the topic. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Reporting another poster to the moderators is somewhat childish, unless it's something highly offensive or vile;  personally I've never done it.

I also think that some posters befriend and compliment the moderators inordinately in order to secure favor and get their posts/threads treated preferentially.