Honored Contributor

Re: Fastest Way to Get a Thread Shutdown...

Defy the rules.  That will do it every time.

Esteemed Contributor

I am under the impression that you can post your opinion, but that certain topics are off limits here. And yes, no matter what opinion you post on any topic, there is bound to be someone who takes umbrage at what has been said, even if you are just giving factual information. That's just the way it is and we can't really do much about that. It doesn't mean you shouldn't express your opinion, and you certainly shouldn't allow any of the nasty ones to get to you.

Respected Contributor

Just say it how you really feel with no flowery terminology! Bam you will be gone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwichSwearing and other verbal abusive language is not necessary. The Mods are pretty consistent with that. Those who formerly attacked others with such language don't seem to be around any longer.  We've had enough of that on this Forum. It's nice to see a friendly Forum after the past two years of a lot of abusive attacks and angry outbursts. 

ETA: Am I naive or simply not aware? I haven't noticed anyone being banned lately. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Say the words  "governement shutdown".  

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1  Thanks for asking. Slowly doing better. Still a lot of pain, of course. Spending most of my time in bed sleeping, which still seems to be the best medicine.

Glad this is winter! Would be devestated if it had happened in the Spring or Summer, which are my favorite seasons. I'm so anxious to get outside and putz, again! Even placed more orders for mini and small hostas two days after the accident . . . which means I plan to heal completely! 

It's easier getting out of bed, going up and down the stairs, fixing meals, doing laundry, and taking my beloved bubble baths as time goes by.

My neighbor is still changing my sheets! My son is still vacuuming, dusting and even went for groceries this week! Friends have been fabulous with errands, Dr's. appointments and checking in with great phone calls, etc. My back isn't strong enough for sitting and having company, so I haven't invited anyone over.

Still haven't driven my car yet. I sat in it once. I look at it in the garage. My friends and neighbors all see it when they stop by and bring things to me through the garage to my kitchen.  Paying for the car, sales tax, license & wheel tax, and insurance was an expense I hadn't planned on. One of those life surprises. Haven't seen any money for my totaled car yet (which isn't valued at what we had expected, of course). Oh well, life goes on.

Return to the Ortho. Surgeon on February 2nd. He'll check my back for progress. Then, he'll address my right hip, knee and neck.  Hope the weather is warmer! We're in a bitterly cold weather pattern right now and more snow is predicted today/tonight. It messes with my short daily walks outside. Those are so important to me! I'm so used to walking and other physical activities that keeping my core strength is very important during this convelescent period.

All-in-all, I believe everything is gradually healing well. I'm so grateful the Ortho. Surgeon understood epilepsy and all pain meds do not play well and was willing to avoid surgery by letting my body heal naturally. 

Again, thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well with your health problems. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

just post your opinion and wait!

@ciao_bella

???   Well, it always helps to read the standards/guidelines before posting any old thing on ANY message board.   

Some boards are more restrictive than others ....   but it's their boards ... and their rules.   You can always post elsewhere if you don't like it, but you already know that.

Respected Contributor

I took the OP's post as a stab at humor, not a need for a teaching moment. 

Most of us get caught up in a topic at one time or another that causes the mods to say "enough".  We are human.  Some are more prefect than others.  None of it is serious stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be

I'm like you, I took it as a light hearted bit of fun too.  

Honored Contributor

It's QVC's baby, so they have complete control and the right to remove anything and anybody at will.

I have noticed, however, that certain posters can bend the rules that others can't. I have seen some really mean posts attacking others out there, and I have seen some that were generic and vague that were deleted.

I specifically remember the terrible posts to D***Abby that were never removed.  Some were sinister and beyond mean to a poster who was clearly in distress.

And that some mods don't know what political is.

Discussing the tie or hair color of a politician is not political.   Everytime  a certain political person is  mentioned...for any reason, it is proofed as political.

I just shake my head and go with the flow.