Honored Contributor

I'm sorry they did this. It just adds to your worry about everyone's safety.

I had my son and brother here this weekend as we were planting bushes and flowers at my mom's, next door to me. 

We social distanced, were outside most of the time spread over 5 acres, used masks except when we ate, and when eating, we chose to sit around the house at great distance, not together at a table. 

Most of us have been at home during the shutdowns. My husband has had to work, and my son, but brother has been working from home. So everyone here was pretty low risk, and even at that, we distanced, used masks, and sadly didn't touch or hug each other. 

I really can't wait for the day I can feel safe hugging my kid or my mom again. 

Respected Contributor

So they have chosen to "live their lives" as they see fit without regard to other human beings, including their own families?  I keep hearing people saying this and I wonder to myself, what happened to so many sophisticated civiliations  that disappeared from the face of the earth.  

Was it draught, disease, war, a new virus?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

N95 masks are available through construction supply outlets.  

I can't find them, or when I do, the website says their supplies are allocated to health care, etc.

Placed an order last week at work.  Will check the file and post vendor tomorrow.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Family getting together

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder when I read that people say they have been "quarantined" for a particular time period.  I wonder what they mean by "quarantine" as I have heard people say they are "quarantined" but they still go out to the supermarket, get curbside food pick up, and in some instances they have family members coming to visit, family members who have been "quarantined" but go to the supermarket, Lowe's, the drugstore.

That's not quarantine.

@QueenDanceALot 

we are not calling it a quarantine in maryland.

we are calling it a "stay at home order" or "safer at home" mandate.

i have been the one primarily doing the shopping and errands and going to get curbside or carryout pickup.

i have also been in to work on and off, but work mostly from home.

@sunshine45 

It's not called a quarantine or lockdown where I live, either. (Because it's neither)

But some people who LIVE here call it that.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

N95 masks are available through construction supply outlets.  

I can't find them, or when I do, the website says their supplies are allocated to health care, etc.

Placed an order last week at work.  Will check the file and post vendor tomorrow.

Thank you, @CrazyDaisy , that is kind of you.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder when I read that people say they have been "quarantined" for a particular time period.  I wonder what they mean by "quarantine" as I have heard people say they are "quarantined" but they still go out to the supermarket, get curbside food pick up, and in some instances they have family members coming to visit, family members who have been "quarantined" but go to the supermarket, Lowe's, the drugstore.

That's not quarantine.

@QueenDanceALot 

i have been the one primarily doing the shopping and errands and going to get curbside or carryout pickup.

@sunshine45 

It's not called a quarantine or lockdown where I live, either.

@QueenDanceALot, I think we know why. It sounds so much more dramatic and restrictive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

How many people were at this party? Even in NY the Governor is "allowing" us to have 10 people now. I would guess other states are doing higher numbers.

I really don't understand how long people want this to go on. If someone that I knew invited me for a cookout I'd go. As far as I know they are doing pretty much the same thing I'm doing. Going to the grocery store and that's about it. No place else to go for the most part. So I can go to the store, my friends can go to the store but we can't see each other because we've all gone to the store. 

One of us could suddenly have the virus now or six months from now. Everyone seems to put themselves into the healthy and safe category but assume that everyone else is running around doing risky stuff. 

Honored Contributor

I was out shopping today, made four stops. I don't know which is safer, one day four stops or four days of just one stop. Anyway, some people had their masks under their nose including a couple of cashiers. 

My theory is that those who can't endure staying at home lack imagination and need their gym, haircut, restaurant visits ... fix to feel they are living.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

That's not quarantine.

@QueenDanceALot 

@sunshine45 

It's not called a quarantine or lockdown where I live, either.

@QueenDanceALot, I think we know why. It sounds so much more dramatic and restrictive.

@suzyQ3 

Yeah, it's really pretty funny to hear people say, "We're in lockdown".  *snort*  

Or, when you see someone at the grocery and they tell you they hope the "quarantine" is over soon.

Nitwits.

Honored Contributor

We got the AOK from the Governor (whom I really like, btw) to have gatherings of 10 or less since just before the Memorial Day weekend.  I went to my friend's house for some dinner and wine.  We sat more than 6 feet apart, outside on the patio.  It was quite lovely.

Apparently, a bar owner (who was permitted to open as a restaurant if he served food), did indeed open and there are videos of the enslaught of college kids (it's right in the middle of University space downtown).  It was painful to see the bar owner try to tell us that they were following guidelines when it was plain to see that it was a free for all.

As things start to open more I expect the Governor to put the smackdown on them.

The gym I work out of will be opening June 1 as per the Governor's OK, but one idjit gym owner decided to open a week early and have "classes" because he "thinks" it's healthy.

People like him are going to get all of us shut down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr