Respected Contributor

i never bought the idea of broadcasting personal information a la Facebook.  none of my info got sold to campaigns, to advertisers, etc.  

Honored Contributor

I know that now @Trinity11 and that's why I will never accept anyone but Gloria as a friend

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I know that now @Trinity11 and that's why I will never accept anyone but Gloria as a friend

@cherry....I must be missing something. You would not accept family members or your children as Friends? I understand never accepting strangers as a friend but what about family?

Honored Contributor

My family doesn't do facebook stuff. My kids are single and my sisters aren't on the net @Trinity11

Respected Contributor

You can out more info with Google than Facebook, I've done it. You can find many records, such as arrest records, from county records. I've looked up MANY people & info on Google. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry I understand your feelings towards fb but to me it has been a wonderful tool. For instance one of my sisters has leukemia and she doesn' get a traditional treatment. She joined a private group on fb and I was allowed to join as well because of me being a close relative. Through that group sharing such great information and support, she can relate with the other cancer survivors.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  I don't know anyone who does facebook in my family. I don't want to get tied up with total strangers

I can see the appeal of sharing things with family, but I don't have that option

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@JaneMarple  I don't know anyone who does facebook in my family. I don't want to get tied up with total strangers

I can see the appeal of sharing things with family, but I don't have that option

I understand @cherry, this same sister joined fb reluctantly only a few years back and is very happy that she did. Sometimes I think talking with strangers is better than family because people on the outside can relate to certain circumstance much better.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I enjoy our chats @JaneMarple  but I feel here we are in a zone of safety. I know we get trolls, but it's not like the rest of the web, which can be like the wild west

I feel we reach a meeting of minds ,very often

Respected Contributor

what personal info that Facebook users sign away in terms of privacy is their problem.  societally i am more interested in their maintaining a fair and open forum, using their internal tools to help maintain national security -  and feel they have fallen down on the livestreaming feature, with suicides and murders having been broadcast.  let's see if any of those questions come up in Z interview.