Esteemed Contributor

My FB page has no info on it at all.It has no posted pictures at all.When I set up the page I even entered a wrong birthdate.

I rarely post comments & when I do it’s either political or very general,nothing even close to personal.The only posts I “like” are rare comments from my son or his girlfriend who hardly post themselves.

I only have a handful of friends.That’s it.I ignore almost all friend requests.

No one will ever get any information on me or DH unless I give it to them!!

I have friends who post their business on FB pictures & all.I have no idea why in this day & age anybody would want to do that!! At any given time I can check to see what they’re doing,where they’re eating dinner,vacationing etc.I think that’s crazy!! JMO

Contributor

Hmm, unless I misunderstood the situation, this is not about identity theft or companies getting information on you to sell you something.  This is about Zuckerberg harvesting your information and giving it to the federal government.  And we should be very worried about the government knowing everything about us.  Who knows what they will do with that info.  

Honored Contributor

@Juniper2wrote:

Hmm, unless I misunderstood the situation, this is not about identity theft or companies getting information on you to sell you something.  This is about Zuckerberg harvesting your information and giving it to the federal government.  And we should be very worried about the government knowing everything about us.  Who knows what they will do with that info.  

On point! Decided leaving FB not worth the ordeal. Thank you, Clarifying. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC argumentative

Valued Contributor

@Juniper2wrote:

This is not about the federal government gaining access to your information.

Cambridge Analytica is a private data-mining entity that can sell mined information to whomever they choose and  for whatever purpose.

This current Facebook situation relates to Cambridge Analytica's involvement in the electoral process and their relationship to a particular political campaign, as well as other political processes around the world, in an effort to affect the outcome.

Contributor

Well, I thought political campaigns were about helping to elect the people who run the government and they are the ones paying for and receiving the data. Facebook allowed it to happen.

Valued Contributor

@Juniper2wrote:

Well, I thought political campaigns were about helping to elect the people who run the government and they are the ones paying for and receiving the data. Facebook allowed it to happen.

That is true, but the information was not purchased by any government entity. The firm was hired by a private campaign in an attempt to influence voters to vote in a particular way.

The intent was voter manipulation, pure and simple.

Contributor

Maybe so, but I recently have come to distrust the way our government handles things and I don't always count on them to do right by us.  Many shady people in the political field.