Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook and Public Accounts

Don't put the Facebook app on your phone.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

If you remove or disable the app on your phone/tablet,  you will once again be able to view all public pages.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I posted the same thing yesterday, but, this morning I could again see the few pages I visit.

Not sure what was going on, but I'm happy it's back to where it was.

Honored Contributor

I'm not on Facebook.  I didn't like the lack of privacy.  My husband first got on it.  Eventually he closed it.  I thought of dong a fake account in order to read the public accounts.  But so far, I haven't.  I prefer twitter and instagram.  

Esteemed Contributor

You can read public accounts without creating an account.  It's very simple.  You can't respond but you can view everything public.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You are able to access public accounts on Facebook this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

That was the case up until yesterday (see my post above).

However, something was going on, and pages were blocked out without registering.

Seems to be back to where it was this morning.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any social accounts, except for this forum---have always thought something like that would eventually come back to kick you in the caboose-----

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If people don't want to join FB, certainly, your choice, but, I really don't understand it.  

When you set up your account, you choose your security settings.  You control who you want as friends.  You control, what information you provide.  You control what you post and what you read.  

I don't have friends or family, who are into FB drama, but, if I did I'd ignore it.  

I've been on FB for many years, never a problem.  I don't spend much time on it, but, I enjoy it, as one way, to keep in touch with long distance friends and family.  

Esteemed Contributor

FB keeps me in touch with friends and family in my adopted Caribbean Island. I get all the news and happenings daily before other people. It´s fun for me.