Honored Contributor

Re: Extra hour of sleep is lost on me

@SahmIam wrote:

I loved it. Extra hour of sleep was great.

Same for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

Honored Contributor

I also am not a great sleeper.... I usually get up between 3 and 4 AM.  Today I got up at 4AM( really 3 AM with the fall back time change).   I feel normal... It will be interesting to see it start to get dark by 4PM now.... 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  - this is me.  I'm early 60s and retired and used to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow but no more.  I've talked to many friends my age and all have the same problem.  One friend is now going thru a sleep study - and my question is, if it doesn't show you have sleep apnea - then what, drugs?  I don't really want to take anything like Ambien or such so where does that leave me?  

I now do what they say you absolutely should not do - after a few sleepless nights I'll take a Benedryl or one of the PM meds that contains a little of it if and that usually adds enough of an edge that I fall to sleep and, here's the best part - I don't' wake with that foggy head feel that I get for pain meds I'd taken during chemo in the past that knocked me out. 

Regular Contributor

Well, I'm STILL up. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I loved it.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I loved the extra hour snooze and I look forward to it not being pitch black when I get to the gym in the morning.

Valued Contributor

do not like the change was up at 5    will be a very long day

Valued Contributor

I'm in Arizona where we never change time so it's all lost on me.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

@cherry

I agree.  I think we should go to Daylight Savings Time and just leave it there.  I appreciate the extra daylight at night more than early in the morning.  Never been a morning person and it will start being dark in the morning again in December anyway.

When Bush changed it by just a week or two, he messed me up with my clock.  I bought it years ago and it automatically changed the time, which was great.  After he changed the date, I had to reset it, and then re-reset it again (like this morning, after having had to reset it just a week or so ago).  Guess I should buy a new clock, but this one works fine otherwise! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986