Honored Contributor

Re: Explain to me why?

[ Edited ]

Everyone interprets information differently. So, even if we see or hear the exact piece of news, we'e going to process it in a different way, or come to a different conclusion.  

There's always been this debate with the flu, and probably always will be. Some firmly believe in getting the flu shot and the benefits of it.  Some firmly refuse to get it. Some are of the opinion, no matter how much medical data is shown, that the flu shot makes you sick and gives you the flu.  

So --- the debate with the Coronavirus is, I guess, no different.  Some will feel this is just the worst thing ever to happen in the world, and others will feel, it's being blown out of proportion, and is no worse, or is equal to the regular flu.  

Plus, we all live under different circumstances and situations.  Some of us are young and healthy, some of us are much older and have health issues.  These things, I believe, contribute to the way we look at all of these situations and issues.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

Probably because we had a ton of politicians talk like that before. Governor Cuomo said just 21 days ago not to panic and the real problem was the flu.

are you refering to 10/25/2014 and  New York City's first case of Ebola ?

No @lovescats I'm talking about this March. While the New Rochelle stuff was going on he said don't listen to the hype. Remember that we have far more people in the hospital because of the flu.

QVC Customer Care