Respected Contributor

Re: Explain to me why?

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer 

Have to admit being a little puzzled as to why your repeated efforts to spread that particular message are so important to you? 

No one knows yet how much economic, social and public health devastation--or deaths-- this virus will cause.

I'd avoid any predictions of future outcomes-- and comparisons with past virus outbreaks--until I had more of a factual foundation to rest on.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think most people are overly obsessed with the virus   I think they are trapped in the house, a little scared...whether for family or themselves.  I think it might be the need for companionship and a need to talk and discuss what is going on.  Most all of the posters I have encountered seem to be okay or consigned to the situation, but either financially worried, bored and concerned  for the future.  Many poster here own businesses that have collapsed temporarily. They are out of work, worried.  I am glad to be here for anyone who wants to talk.  If it's a rabid conversation, or not to my interest..I don't join the conversation.

i don't know if it's the same everywhere, but there isn't much going on due to this pandemic.  Since businesses, restaurants are closed, here beaches, most parks are closed.  Not much yu can do but talk what's going on.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It's a puposeful diversion, given that the two illnesses are not comparable. I would wager those who are still hung up on comparing the two are ones who ascribe to the hype theory and who downplay this crisis.

Shoekitty said:    Ya think?

Respected Contributor

Well I can share with you a Facebook post that is moving through nursing, medical, and respiratory therapy groups with blazing speed:

Unless you can understand-

PaO2 of 40mmHg on FiO2 of 100%

PEEP: 18, TV 300 x 28,

peak pressure 30cm H2O,

PaO2/FiO2 ratio <100, prone

Your opinion this virus is no big deal or not as serious as the flu doesn't matter 

#Save Lives/Stay Home 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

I think hanging on to the flu talk is a form of denial.

Denial that I could die.

Denial that there is no vaccine or treatment.

Denial I may not be the lucky one to get a respirator.

Denial that more preps could have been done earlier.

Denial that people will die needlessly.

Denial that I have any responsiblity for why this is happening.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

Probably because we had a ton of politicians talk like that before. Governor Cuomo said just 21 days ago not to panic and the real problem was the flu.

are you refering to 10/25/2014 and  New York City's first case of Ebola ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Explain to me why?

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota 

AHH...a friend posted this on her FB page.

I had no idea what it was (above my 'pay scale' of

understanding!)...and did some poking around tonight.

Translation:

If you get it & recover....your life will still suck. 

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome

4B7B7E53-7726-4519-905C-99C3938B7EAD.jpeg

5AC95372-1BD3-41C1-951A-5FA98C730F4F.jpeg

9DEA396A-1840-4383-82B1-84C9F31AC51E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@pitdakota 

AHH...a friend posted this on her FB page.

I had no idea what it was (above my 'pay scale' of

understanding!)...and did some poking around tonight.

Translation:

If you get it & recover....your life will still suck. 

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome

4B7B7E53-7726-4519-905C-99C3938B7EAD.jpeg

5AC95372-1BD3-41C1-951A-5FA98C730F4F.jpeg

9DEA396A-1840-4383-82B1-84C9F31AC51E.jpeg

@sidsmom, pretty much bingo.  These are specific ventilator settings very typical of the Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) they are seeing with the type of pneumonia associated with COVID-19.   

Prone is the position, meaning the patient is to be placed on their stomach instead of their back while on the ventilator.  

The surprise to many health care providers out there in the thick of things is how many patients they are seeing with ARDS related to COVID-19.  At least from the early data they have now, it is far higher than any other respiratory illness they are used to seeing.   

And yes, many that do survive ARDS caused by other respiratory situations can be severely limited after hospital discharge.  Limited activity, problems with shortness of air, home oxygen, multiple hospitalizations related to respiratory illness post ARDS, etc.    

See?  You got it too!  Although it is a little different than the one here.  But the point is, these health care providers (doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists) that are dealing with these patients are ticked regarding people that have no knowledge of what they are talking about making all the kinds of comments out there that they are. 

Add to that they know they are risking their welfare by archaic practices of reusing masks, gowns, faceshields, etc., or told to wear scarves if they have to, running low on available ventilators, and they speaking out. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz I have been news-free since Monday and I am in a much better place mentally. My body is not stressed now, my mind is not confused, and my life is much better.

I do hear bits and pieces here and there when I am waiting for a program to come on, and when I am waiting for the weather report. I get the gist of it when I happen to be on the Internet for other reasons. Or the once-a-week to the grocery store to get fresh fruit and vegetables, along with milk, when I hear people talk about it.

I feel I am as informed as I need to be to ensure I am following precautions.

Other than that, not watching the daily news, and especially not 24/7, has been a good thing for me. We are strong Americans and will weather this like we do all other things. We will come out stronger in the end.

BTW, fellow Lessman follower, aren't you glad we have his products that have helped us keep our immune system strong? Heart

@World Traveler 

Even though I have stopped watching the news I still get emails from one of my sisters. DH comes home from work with updates.

I'm informed after listening to Dr. Fauci.

I filled up one of my crisper drawers with organic honeycrisp & pink lady apples so I would have som fruit. I also bought organic frozen strawberries & blueberries I can make smoothies with.

Don't want to keep running to the store since they limit how many can come in.

Yes glad we have Lessman supplements. I have stocked up on things I don't want to run out of. Still wondering if he may have issues getting his ingredients with all that's going on?

I forgot to post this afternoon that I posted the Monthly Specials for April.

Guess you already know ChocoNuvo is the April TS.

Valued Contributor

i think by now, people aren't 'upset' because someone asks what's the difference between covid19 and the yearly flu that kills thousands of people.

people just can't believe that there are still tons of people who haven't figured the difference out.

when was the last time a large percent of this country was shut down because of the yearly flu or pneumonia?

when was the last time that all news stations coast to coast covered 'the flu'?

the country wasn't shut down for h1n1, ebola or anything else. maybe the country was shut down for the spanish flu in 1918 (not sure that is the right year), but you get my point. the country did not shut down like this for 9/11.

that alone should be a hint that there is something different going on now.
and never mind the fact that on some news channel, this is being covered 24/7, hopefully, not 24/7/365.