Esteemed Contributor

And after all these years I thought it was just me who couldn't keep track of a pair of scissors or a roll of tape! LOL! Add to that a cat (or two) who just had to make himself at home on top of an unrolled tube of wrapping paper! One of the best things I did was to buy that big package of gift bags on the Q for the last couple of years....the ones with the attached ribbons. Too bad I always ran out of the smaller sizes! Hope you find your scissors (or tape)!

Honored Contributor
Now where did I put those Kringle Express gift bags from QVC? Can't find those now either!😁
Valued Contributor

When I use to sew, I always kept my scissors on a rope around my neck.  For wrapping I always use one of the big desktop tape dispensers.  Hard to lose them (usually) and they only need one hand to operate.

Esteemed Contributor

This used to happen to me ALL THE TIME while wrapping Christmas gifts.  Most of mine is bagged now but for those I wrap, I make a conscious decision to put those things in the SAME SPOT beside me when I'm finished.  I had to train my brain to do this but it comes pretty naturally now.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 Are you sure  that maybe this is why these things get misplace, because of the o'l ****** of the egg-nog ? Hmm! Sound like it. Maybe just buy gift bags, my solution to the problem . Heah ! What happened to my egg-nog ?

Honored Contributor
They sell some sort of tape thing that goes on your wrist. At least you wouldn’t lose it.
Trusted Contributor

I love wrapping gifts.  I try to keep up with the tape and scissors but it doesn't always happen.  

Take a deep breath, and maybe a drink.  You'll find them.

Super Contributor

Re: Every Single Time,

[ Edited ]

In my mind, my gift wrapping things are where they belong, in my beautifully organized wrapping organizer.  In reality, there's only an empty tape dispenser, flat bows, 1/4 rolls of paper which wouldn't wrap anything larger than a jewelry box!  Who knows where the scissors went.