Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

FYI: The article had graphs, but they didn't show up.

Anyone who wants to see the diagrams and graphs can just google the title of the article and the author. The diagram of the seating at the restaurant and which diners were infected was chilling. It's worth googling just to see that diagram IMO. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Porcelain the other frightening thing is researchers don't know yet if lifetime immunity is even possible.  It may be someone becomes immune for 1 or 2 yrs.  Too many unknowns from what I understand. It's hard to ignore though the number of people in CA with antibodies and the suspicion that people were exposed very early before anyone was talking about it in this country as well as their low numbers considering how huge their population is.  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

<snip>

Reading things like this are going to promote more fear/anxiety, whatever word one prefers, to those already scared almost to death. For people like me it only reinforces my belief that each adult person that has the ability to read and react, does not need anyone to take them by the hand and guide them their world in what is safe.

hckynut(john)

John, I am always eager to read your views as I generally consider you the voice of reason.

But, however, (don't we all hate those words?) I must respectfully disagree with the underlined portion.

I am related to, semi-friends with, acquainted with, "know" bulletin board members who not only rarely read much less assimilate this kind of information. They prefer to rely on perhaps twisted views from their media of choice.

Sorry.  I don't trust "these adults" to make cognitive conclusions as to the dangerously crucial reality we're all facing.

(To leave on a lighter note, I will soon need a "curling broom" to get through my rapidly growing hair!)  Woman Wink

Denise
Valued Contributor

@ suzyQ3 - Thank you so much for posting this!  I almost moved on when I saw how long it was, but glad I read on.Smiley Happy

I found it enlightening and helpful!

Honored Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@hckynut 

Personally (to me at least), articles like this can REDUCE the fear.

@bunnygirlbrem 

Good, I am happy for you. Personally for me, I never had this fear. Concern? Yes, fear, No.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Porcelain the other frightening thing is researchers don't know yet if lifetime immunity is even possible.  It may be someone becomes immune for 1 or 2 yrs.  Too many unknowns from what I understand. It's hard to ignore though the number of people in CA with antibodies and the suspicion that people were exposed very early before anyone was talking about it in this country as well as their low numbers considering how huge their population is.  

I agree. California did almost everything right. They jumped on it right away while others were dithering and hoping it would all just disappear.

There is also some DNA evidence that initially the version of the virus people were catching on the west coast, meaning Washington and California was from Wuhan China, but on the East Coast meaning NY it was the version from Europe. The European version is much more deadly and virulent and has taken over from the Chinese strain. California was fortunate in many ways, including their take charge leadership that listened to credible sceintists.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@hckynut 

Personally (to me at least), articles like this can REDUCE the fear.

@bunnygirlbrem 

Good, I am happy for you. Personally for me, I never had this fear. Concern? Yes, fear, No.

hckynut(john)

I just meant in general. I am personally not afraid, but I know people who are, and I think that well-thought-out, well-written, and intelligent articles such as this can reduce the fear in people who are afraid.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 , thanks for posting this.

Sounds like Dr. Bromage knows what's what.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Listen to the "experts"? Yes. Follow and do everything they say? No. It has been shown many times over that the some of the "experts", go by the old saying:

"Do what I say, not as I do"

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think I am going to print this out for people I work with to read.  We are scheduled to open on June 1 and complying with all the safety issues is going to be a challenge.  With both co-workers and clients.