Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Unfortunately the risks you are so willing to take affect us all.  Healthcare workers, EMTs, health costs, more transfer of the virus, etc. is the fallout of your "willing to take a risk."

If you get sick, we all pay for it. And it also jeapordizes businesses being able to open safely.  

I refuse to live in a bubble, and be terrified of my own shadow, just because you're too scared to leave your home.

Because that's not living, and it certainly isn't thriving, it is nearly existing, and that's no way to go through life.

I don't live in a bubble and I am never terrified.  I am also not casual or careless about my health.  Please don't lecture me on what is "not living or thriving."  I own my own business and have a big family.  80,000 people dead is not to be ignored and I take seriously the people who have the frontline jobs.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 , my son was planning his wedding for September 2020...190 people and he cancelled it for next year. This article re-inforces that he made the right decision. 

I will send him this article. Hope your daughter and family are recovering...

Honored Contributor

Floor plan of the 11th floor of building X, site of a coronavirus disease outbreak, Seoul, South Korea, 2020. Blue coloring indicates the seating places of persons with confirmed cases.

Figure 2. Floor plan of the 11th floor of building X, site of a coronavirus disease outbreak, Seoul, South Korea

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Unfortunately the risks you are so willing to take affect us all.  Healthcare workers, EMTs, health costs, more transfer of the virus, etc. is the fallout of your "willing to take a risk."

If you get sick, we all pay for it. And it also jeapordizes businesses being able to open safely.  

I refuse to live in a bubble, and be terrified of my own shadow, just because you're too scared to leave your home.

Because that's not living, and it certainly isn't thriving, it is nearly existing, and that's no way to go through life.

I don't live in a bubble and I am never terrified.  I am also not casual or careless about my health.  Please don't lecture me on what is "not living or thriving."  I own my own business and have a big family.  80,000 people dead is not to be ignored and I take seriously the people who have the frontline jobs.  

It is beyond selfish, to ignore this virus ,the posters that think any one is has not had their lives changed ,are not realistic, no bubble here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

While I love the spirited people on this debate, I have to agree with @Trinity11 and @pitdakota .  I have a question though about herd immunity. Is it possible that the spirited folks will end up saving humanity.  Isn't that what many scientists say that it's only through herd immunity will covid 19 burn out because it won't be able to find a host.   

Respected Contributor

I worked with a young woman three years ago in Head Start. We all washed hands and used gloves. She  had OCD with hand washing to the point of her hands being  bleeding and raw.  She was part time there.I wonder how she is doing now? I hoped she would have sought help then but moved. Her sister was our nurse and concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I just read this article yesterday online and immediately sent it to my grown children and printed it out for my DH to read.  This is hands down the best explanation I have found so far.  It's a great guide in understanding how to keep yourself as safe as possible.  Great idea to share it on this board. 👍

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

It is beyond selfish, to ignore this virus ,the posters that think any one is has not had their lives changed ,are not realistic, no bubble here.

Funny, I have read many posts over the years about how selfish millennials are yet we have seniors willing to risk the lives of their loved ones so they can get back doing their "norm." Never mind they could potentially be a carrier and bring it home. The truth of the matter opening too soon will kill people.  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evaluation of Risks

[ Edited ]

@germanshepherdlove

We have too many people for that to be practical. It would take years and kill millions. We would have a vaccine before that sort of genocidal "plan" would be complete. And no scientists of any repute are suggesting such a thing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Funny, I have read many posts over the years about how selfish millennials are yet we have seniors willing to risk the lives of their loved ones so they can get back doing their "norm." Never mind they could potentially be a carrier and bring it home. The truth of the matter opening too soon will kill people.  Sigh.

Yes, if their loved one died of this virus,the guilt would be terrible

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.