Respected Contributor

@dulwich 

Oh my heart, it breaks for you. It sounds literally horrifying.

I wish there was something I could do for you/family/pets....reading this post makes me feel useless - I relate to your anguish and fear. It's terribly sad and just so devastating.

I'm in Philly and we generally don't get this kind of natural disaster...or manmade to the order of such enormity.

Is there anything you can do to safeguard your home?

Or is it so massive and unsafe you just have to leave your fate in Mother Nature and God's hands?

Please do everything possible to keep yourself, your beloved family, and pets safe.

You/They cannot be replaced.

Esteemed Contributor

Dulwich I am praying for you and your neighbors as well as those brave firefighters.  I know how frightening those fires are, I've been there while living in CA.  Please be careful, stay safe and let us know from time to time how you are doing.

Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I'm so so sorry to hear this - I was hoping for a miracle when I opened your thread.

Sening prayers and much love to all those affected - and to the brave fire fighters

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich , praying for you and your community.  So hard to see this.  I can only imagine how devastating this is to experience.  Stay safe.  LM

Occasional Contributor

Sending prayers for everyone in the area of the California fires.  Keep the faith.  

Respected Contributor

i am so sorry to hear this and will remember you all in prayer.  please stay as safe as you can! 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

It is somehow extra horrifying to read that the fire evacuations affected a dear person on these boards.

I remember reading years ago when you were beginning to make the move and the delight in your posts as you wrote about it.

I wish that delight will return for you and your family as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I am glad you are safe.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich  and anyone in fires!  I'm sorry you've had such bad fires and wish the best for you. 
 Prayers that you are all safe and also your property!

🙏🏼

Honored Contributor

Sadly this fire issue happens every year and is worse every year....people need to  realize the danger.....moving is not an easy option, but it might come down to being burned out if you don't move..... there is always a way if you want to find one. 

Honored Contributor

Dulwich,

Prayers for the safety of you, your family and community members.  This has to be so frightening for all of you.

May the fire be contained soon.  A tragedy.