Respected Contributor

Our whole area now evacuated and out of bounds.  Made a trip back today to try to get a few more things as we are beginning to realize this fire - after 3 days - is O% contained. and we may not get back there.

Found we could get to our homes but the air was very toxic.  It  is very strange to go back everywhere deserted few people there packing so sad - however - we are all safe.

Heard today 100 fire trucks on their way to assist.  Three of our friends homes burned already they live about 40 mins from us.  We do have a creek around our property this could be good.  Hopefully they will get handle on it now.

This is a very surreal experience.

Super Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Our whole area now evacuated and out of bounds.  Made a trip back today to try to get a few more things as we are beginning to realize this fire - after 3 days - is O% contained. and we may not get back there.

Found we could get to our homes but the air was very toxic.  It  is very strange to go back everywhere deserted few people there packing so sad - however - we are all safe.

Heard today 100 fire trucks on their way to assist.  Three of our friends homes burned already they live about 40 mins from us.  We do have a creek around our property this could be good.  Hopefully they will get handle on it now.

This is a very surreal experience.

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. Where did you evacuate from? I'm in Denver and our air is so awful from the fires. We know have the second largest fire in Colorado history just 40 miles away. It is very surreal (I'm a Chicago transplant) and very disconcerting. I hope you stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich : Sorry that you and so many others are dealing with this and stress of all current problems. Sending 🤗🙏❤️Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for everyone who is suffering through this disaster at California.  The fires are so scary and they seem to be more frequent.  It is a horrible situation and I do hope it will end soon and people will be safe. My heart goes out to everyone in a state I love and respect.

Honored Contributor

@HeatherAG : Sending 🙏🤗❤️Southern Bee

Valued Contributor

Can't imagine how awful it must be.  Watching the news it scary.  Take care and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

Dulwich,  i am so sorry, and I hope they get a handle on this monster soon.  Those firefighters are real heros, working in  this heat.   It started to get windy here over the hill. I hope the wind doesn't pick up there.  Please keep us updated

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

How scary. I’m so sorry that this is happening. I’ll bet it is surreal! I’m praying they get the fire under control soon and that your home is spared.

It hurts to hear of people losing their homes, their belongings, and worse, with this. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

I'm so sorry to read this.  I can only imagine on top of everything else you need to face this☹️.  I'm praying you and your family remain safe🙏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich 

I will keep you and your neighbors in my prayers.  As a Gulf Coast resident, I understand having to leave your home not knowing if you will ever see it again.  It's a terrible feeling!  

I was very fortunate in hurricane Katrina, and I wish you the same good luck with this fire. Never give up hope. When I was evacuated several states away, looking at tv coverage, I thought that my home was flooded.  But we returned and found that we were among a small number who were spared.  May you have the same good fortune. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett