Respected Contributor

Re: Ethan Couch cannot be found

If he is found, I just hope there are severe consequences; something he has never had apparently.

Esteemed Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Why would they bother to run, though?  I have no doubt that they did, but the kid got away scott free with no jail time.  All he had to do is to check in with his probabation officer on a weekly basis.  So they're running from that minor inconvenience??  Makes no sense, but I agree with another poster who said that they are weird.

He was recently shown in a video playing beer pong. As part of his probation he is to do no drugs or alcohol and will be sent to jail if he does. They were investigating that when they went on the run. This family is just so beyond disgusting. I feel for the families of the 4 he killed. What a slap in the face to them that verdict was.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

The great state of......pfftt. The kid wants to drink so his mommy will do anything to make him happy. He's an alcoholic and doesn't care that he murdered 4 people.

The judge, attorney, he and his parents need to be locked up.

What a ridiculous comment. Like no other state has made crazy rulings. Blame the judge not the state. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@jaxs mom

Did you read all of his probation conditions????

The kid is a minor whose harmones are jumping w/a 10 year probation.  One of his conditions is that he cannot drink alcohol.

A childs mind cannot comprehend that!  Remember he is not a Mormon.

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

He is perfectly able to comprehend no drinking.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

This whole story just makes me so mad, he has no concern about what he did, the mother is not any better, what a slap in the face the famlies got not having him sentenced to many years in prison, can you imagine losing your love ones,and a person getting just a light slap on the hand, the judge should be so ashamed ,not right what he did.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Today on the news the Sherrif says the US marshals and the FBI are now involved.  If he left the country passports would be used, Tracking would be easy don't you think?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just thinking out loud here, but if they flew by private jet, overseas, and landed at a private airport, would they even need pasports???

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe he's in Mexico.

Respected Contributor

I truly cannot believe this kid got away with it with an affluenza defensive.  What in the world.  I think the parents should be held accountable and the judge should lose his job for letting something so assine pass in his courtroom.  I feel so bad for the families of the victims. I cant imagine how they are feeling.

Trusted Contributor

I know, I find this to be horribly, horribly wrong.  So instead of calling it what it is - a sociopath - we relabel it "affluenza" because he is rich.  

Is anyone at all in support of this judge for his egregious judgment?