Respected Contributor

Excellant response Circles my heart went out to the caller and Shawn was not preaching she was showing compassion to someone who was hurting and feeling lost tonight.

Respected Contributor

I just want to say that I wrote my post before the woman called in.

Shawn opens herself and the Q to situations that they are not really prepared to handle. Shawn my have been compasionate and caring, but her overly dramatic sales tactics invite this type of call.

I watch or listen to the shows to learn about products. I really would prefer to have the sales people share less and sell more.

Respected Contributor

You're really blowing things out of proportion.  Are people really that afraid when someone shows feelings of compassion, faith???

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor
I think the issue is using tragedy to sell costume jewelry. And she often just seems so depressed that I don't think her own jewelry is helping her much.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of inappropriate language

Esteemed Contributor

I think many people feel comfort from inspirational pieces.  I don't know why and I don't but I do believe Shawn's jewelry means something to her.   If people get some type of comfort and it helps them, what's the harm.  Just like you can tune out an evangelist, you can mute something you don't like being said on QVC but others may not be upset and some may like the tone. To sell, inspirational jewelry, I think you have to say why/how something helps you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Henneypenney, I agree with you. This a shopping channel. The preaching from the pulpit is too much and for some of us too much. Next week she brings out the Bible, I just know it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I feel there is a time and place for everything.

Respected Contributor

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Submitted for your consideration...

J296889  video:

http://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Inspirational-Quote-ID-Bracelet.product.J296889.html?sc=J296889-2...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova