Respected Contributor

They have sold Bibles on QVC many people purchased them. Guess many of you have not seen other host describing the inspirational pieces they were presenting. These pieces mean alot to the hosts in their lives. Guess if it bothers a person so much don't watch. I my self like to listen to what these items mean to them.

Honored Contributor

When Shawn starts getting spiritual, I'm gone.  Highly inappropriate for a TV shopping channel.  Reminds me of Tammy Faye Baker.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Submitted for your consideration...

J296889  video:

http://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Inspirational-Quote-ID-Bracelet.product.J296889.html?sc=J296889-2...

Ok I just tried to watch the video because I turned the channel when it was live. I still couldn't watch it for long. It's just totally inappropriate imo, too much personal detail and way too sad/depressing of a subject. I don't even want to hear the caller. 

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the video (thank you for posting the link).  I thought it was a very nice presentation and that she did a great job, especially speaking with the woman who just lost her mother.  Every single one of us is going through something ~ some things more serious than others.  This presentation reminded me how lucky I am and to be thankful for who and what I have in my life.  (And to the lady that phoned in ~ if you're reading this, you are in our prayers).

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with the OP...way over the top!  

If you just listen to what Shawn was saying about "not being alone" or "anything is possible" it's easy to get drawn in with her hearfelt feelings about life being tough until she reminds you that it's less than $20.00.  I had to laugh!  The spiel reminded me of a cheesy televangelist.

Then to top it off a caller was in tears talking to Shawn and sharing with the world how she recently lost her mother.  Sad yes..... but really?  It's about selling a cheap bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I have to agree with the OP...way over the top!  

If you just listen to what Shawn was saying about "not being alone" or "anything is possible" it's easy to get drawn in with her hearfelt feelings about life being tough until she reminds you that it's less than $20.00.  I had to laugh!  The spiel reminded me of a cheesy televangelist.

Then to top it off a caller was in tears talking to Shawn and sharing with the world how she recently lost her mother.  Sad yes..... but really?  It's about selling a cheap bracelet. 

You are exactly right, it's all about selling you that jewelry or the bible or whatever. The hosts are shameless and I have to feel sorry for people who can't see this, they must be very lonely  people.

Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

It is done in a TOTALLY different way....professional, no sobb stories. 

Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

You're really blowing things out of proportion.  Are people really that afraid when someone shows feelings of compassion, faith???

Never, but there is a time and place for everything. Some people have said they watch the Q as an escape from their problems not to be brought down by other people's saddness.

Honored Contributor

It only makes sense that people who tune in to an inspirational jewelry show might be looking at the inspiration behind it.  It should not be such a shock to know you will hear the hosts take on the inspiration behind it.  With that said, I do believe QVC would stop her if they think she goes too far.  The only thing I felt was going too far is when she asked the lady...."Do you believe in God"?   It felt a little like she was putting that person on the spot and it could have ended up quite awkward.  I don't think it was a "planned" thing....just something she blurted out in a moment of not knowing what to say.  Outside of that....I had no problem with it and enjoyed the show.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

It is done in a TOTALLY different way....professional, no sobb stories. 

So its the "sobb sotries" that people object to?

So what about the women who call in crying while giving testimonials about the laser hair growth product? How it has changed their lives and they no longer have to be ashamed by thinning hair? 

I have a gut feeling the objection to Shawn's presentation has nothing to do with "sobb stories". 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____