QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Henneypenney, I agree with you. This a shopping channel. The preaching from the pulpit is too much and for some of us too much. Next week she brings out the Bible, I just know it.

What's wrong with selling a book that has been considered a  number 1 best seller for many many years.  There is a reason for that!

Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

They do, however I have not seen any of the host use ill family and friends, fellow hosts personal situations to sell the Bible, in a similar fashion.

The product is demonstrated, The Bible is discussed and that is it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Enough already!

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

They do, however I have not seen any of the host use ill family and friends, fellow hosts personal situations to sell the Bible, in a similar fashion.

The product is demonstrated, The Bible is discussed and that is it.

And what about my other post re. the laser hair growth product? When women call in sobbing while sharing their own personal experiences or what they've seen in others who use it? And hosts share the trauma of hair loss. How is this different?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I think that Shawn gets more emotional than someone like...say...Lisa Mason.  That is just the way Shawn is on about everything she does.  Some people are just by nature more dramatic and emotional.   She and her DH are going through some "stuff" now  themselves.  If something has helped you out a lot in life, it would be hard to keep quiet about it....especially when selling something with inspiration behind it.  I think she is trying her best to be sincere and just relay to others what has helped her through the tough times.  Of course she is selling something.  That is what she is there for!

Respected Contributor

Not on my list of things to get upset about.

I think Shawn just really shares her feelings and gets into it. And...she has to talk about something for that amount of time.

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

It is not a tent  revival. It is a shopping channel.

Love, love, love your response.  Oops, that sounds like a Lisa Robertson reply.

Respected Contributor

It's not the spiritual part of this presentation that really bothered me. It was the topic of death and dying, especially how it was presented. "I don't want to over share" but she goes on to say who it is, what's happening, in overdramatic fashion. What about the privacy of the person she's talking about?  It felt awkward.  Shawn is not my BFF. And then to go on about the circle of life, the chapters in the book, etc. Way over the top. If she had just said Joe's dad is very ill and it's been a very emotional week for us and then spoke of jewelry as inspiration it wouldn't have been quite so bad. It didn't appear heartfelt to me because the whole thing was too "scripted". Speaking from the heart I don't think anyone would go on about chapters in a book. 

I I still didn't see the part with the caller, I couldn't stand to watch. It was just very bizarre to me.  

Honored Contributor

It must have been Shawn hawking that "inspirational" jewelry again....lol   I'm not sure how "inspirational" mass produced jewelry that is sold by the tens of thousands of pieces can be....lol  

Respected Contributor

I don't for a minute mind QVC selling inspirational jewelry, what I mind is feeling like I am attending a funeral listening to a presentation! I use my mute button!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield