Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to see this, @hckynutjohn .  Unfortunately I am not at all surprised about what your doc said about the shot based on personal experience with a couple people very close to me.  Take care of yourself so that that EF doesn't get any lower.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to you.  I know what giving up things you like to do are hard, but if it helps you to be with your wife longer, that is a positive thing.

I am finding that I always had low Blood Pressure, but since taking the vaccines,(4) My BP is way up there.  First it affected my thyroid, now that is OK, and they put me on BP meds.

No more for me. Thats it.

Good health to you.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Seeing the words " Ejection Fraction "  rings back bad memories.  DH is fine now but we went through some of the darkest times getting to the " now ".....

With DH, genetics has been the cause of his heart problems as he had been running religiously for years and then went to walking and weights.  At one point, his EF crossed the concern line ( think is was 47 ) and additional stents and meds became the focus.  

Long story short, the problem went from " plumbing " and stents to " electrical ".   The EF dropped to low 20's.  We were very lucky as a top notch ablation doctor decided to relocate to our area and raise his family there.

The doctor spent quite a bit of time showing us DH's heart diagram and where the short circuiting areas were that caused the heart to be unable to strongly pump out blood.  When I asked him why I kept hearing that ablations didn't work, he explained that most times the doctor only went within a certain radius of a short circuiting area.

Our ablation doctor spent 5 hours doing the procedure and followed it immediately with 3 hours spent inserting a pacemaker-defibrillator.  It has been almost three years and the Afib is gone.  The EF is mid-50's.  

An atrial "flutter" was detected this summer and one of his meds got adjusted or changed.  He is a Miracle Man !

The advances in heart care have been amazing.  May you take advantage of them as you enter this Chapter of Life.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

I have never felt so constantly horrible since I have had the Covid vaccines.  Never a day goes by when something isn't wacko. I too have a heart issue, and I'm sure the vaccines added to the problem.  Second booster?  I don't think so.  I'll take my chances, thank you very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz 

What you typed here about DH is very meaningful to me. You two have obviously spent a lot of time learning, and understanding, many of the functions of the human heart. I am so glad to hear that DH, and you, appear to be on the up side of these rough and trying times.

Like I mentioned in my opening post, all members of my mothers family, died of some form of cardiac disease. I knew this at a pretty young age, and that is why I did not settle for a resting EKG. I wanted my heart tested at its Max Heart Rate, not while it was idling.

You didn't mention anything about him having heart attacks, and not having them makes a huge difference in all Cardiac outcomes. My lower chambers were damaged twice from my 2 heart attacks, both in the same part of my heart muscle.

That damage to my heart muscle being reduced in size and function, makes it very unlikely my EF numbers can be increased, and if so, I will be happy if I can get them back to 40. Your DH's EF at mid 50's, is pretty close to a normal undamaged heart muscle, which I am very happy to see.

Like your DH, many that know my number of near death experiences, also call me a Walking/Skating Miracle Man. It was 14 years of heart/lungs/colon/Anemia issues for me, but I had about a 4+ year reprieve, until I got my Phizer shot # 2. That is when my heart issues headed downhill once again.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to relay the trauma both you and your husband have endured over that period of time. As for me and my heart muscle, I will make the most of what capabilities it can handle from now, and into the future.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

In all your research, have you come across LVAD ?  My memory is a little fuzzy on it but it assists the lower Ventricle to pump blood.  It is worn and needs charging at night.

I hope as you travel through the labyrinth, you will find the best solution for yourself and your wife.  Peace and blessings on this journey.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz 

I am familiar with the LVAD. It is used mostly for end stage CHF. In many cases it is used while waiting for a heart transplant. I am far from that stage, and hopefully, for a long time to come.

Thank you any my best wishes to you and your loved ones.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Prayers to all of you suffering from heart disease.  My brother's EF is 11% - heart failure is a rough disease.

@hckynutjohn @jlkz 

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Prayers to all of you suffering from heart disease.  My brother's EF is 11% - heart failure is a rough disease.

@itsmetoo 

Very sorry to hear about your brother. It has got to be very hard for him with that very low EF number.

Thank you for your thinking of me and @jlkz DH. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Sending prayers for healing and good health. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”