Esteemed Contributor

Dunkin Donuts Gift Card

[ Edited ]

i'm not tech savy....my son uses a DD app on his phone...if i give him a DD gift card, can he put it on his app.......i have no clue what a DD app is....thanks...i've googled this question...but don't understand what they're saying.......yup....i'm not tech savy....

Valued Contributor

I, too, am not tech savvy but I have see my grandchildren open a card with a gift card in it, load that gift card on their app and than discard the gift card.  So,yes he can.

Honored Contributor

Usually an app is a modified (?) website.

I have the Lidl app on my phone and I scan that black and white pixelated box thing at the register to get the sales and coupons.

So it's probably that thing.

It's called a QR code.

Honored Contributor

I have the Starbucks App, which I'm sure is very similar to DD.  If I get a gift card I can add it to the App.  There's a # on the back of the card, and you just enter it.  It's easier to do on the website than the app.  The website and app are connected.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59  Yes you can add a  DD gift card to your account on the DD app. My DIL is a big fan of DD & I gave her a $100 gift card the other day.She works from home & likes to run out in the mornings  & pick up a large flavored iced coffee to start her day.I watched her load the card to her account.

Esteemed Contributor

If DS has a DD app, he can load the gift card.  It sounds much harder than it is.  It will be good.

Respected Contributor

@nana59   Give your son a laugh, give him the gift card, and tell him he can add it to his app, and he will think mom is pretty tech savvy.  🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

I'm not tech savvy either, phone or computer.  I just know the basics.  My daughter loads her Iphone with the Starbucks gift cards she gets.  I don't know how she does it.  I just had here download the Target Circle App and Publix App on my phone so I can take advantage of the savings.  

Honored Contributor

I am almost sure he can.  I have the DD app on my phone and I have added gift cards to it.  He will know how to do it.