Respected Contributor

I saw him on a commercial and I was thinking I had not heard or seen him for a while. He is 74, and looks great! Does anyone else remember Danny and Mel Gibson in the Lethal Weapon movies from the 80’s?? 😊❤️❤️

Super Contributor

OMG!  When I saw the title of your post I thought OH NO!  He didn't die, did he? Tell me it ain't so!  Smiley Surprised  Then I saw what you wrote and breathed a sigh of relief.  He's one of my favorite actors.  Smiley Happy

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I also saw the commercial and actually thought he has really aged, but havent we all!!

Respected Contributor

I also thought he was much older than 74. I do not think he aged well at all.

Esteemed Contributor

We saw the commercial, too.  Looked up his age and we were surprised he was only 74.  Thought he looked older.  But nice to see him anyway.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

What commercial is he in?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What commercial is he in?

Medicare.

Honored Contributor

Well sure we remember him. LOL

Trusted Contributor

He played such a despicable character in "The Color Purple", I never liked him after I saw that movie. I feel the same way about John Cassavetes. When I was a teenager, he was one of my favorite actors. When I saw him in "Rosemary's Baby" I could no longer stand the sight of him because he played such a rat. I know they're only movie roles, but both those movies really made a bad impression on me. I suppose that is a testament to what great actors both of them are, or in Cassavetes' case, were.

Honored Contributor
It is amazing to see so many famous people we remember as young suddenly all old enough to be doing Medicare insurance commercials. I was taken aback when I saw Dorothy Hammill doing one.