Respected Contributor

Re: Drew Peterson Gets Another 40 Years In Prison

I feel sorry for the inmates where he is spending the next 40 years...!  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@WSfan wrote:

I live in IL and am very familiar with the Drew Peterson case. As far as his wife Stacy, the one who is still missing...i have my doubts that they will ever find her. My thought on this is that he was a police officer, and probably well versed in the ways of disposing of a body so that it would never be found. Wasn't it that he and his cousin threw a blue plastic barrel or cooler into a river somewhere in IL? I could look it up, but not wasting one more second of time on that dirt bag. As far as him being good looking...in seeing photos of him when he was younger, I never thought that. He was probably quite the smooth talker. Sounds to me that the third wife's murder investigation was all botched up, In the end, he got what he deserved, just like OJ and our illustrious ex-governor Blagojevich, who is due for resentencing in a week or so. He still thinks that he's innocent too.

My memory, unfortunately, has gotten really bad in recent years but that was what I was trying to remember the other day, upthread.

I just remembered something about a relative of his supposedly helping him load this blue barrel into the back of his vehicle (truck?  Can't remember that, either).  But I don't remember if that relative of his went with him to dispose of it or not.  Either way, I imagine he may well have, as he is probably forced to maintain allegiance with Peterson - knowing that he's a sociopathic killer and all.  Smiley Wink  

Hi @chickenbutt, as many that live in our area it has been confusing as to what the  step-brother did (I do believe he did help load that blue barrel into Peterson's vehicle) but again because Peterson was a LE officer he knew how to cover his tracks in terms of disposing of her body and covering his tracks (both physical and electronic).

The whole thing is disgusting and cruel and to be honest if I read he was no longer with us say tomorrow it would't take away a moment of sleep.

Honored Contributor

Hey Chloe's Mom!

Yeah, and to add to all that, IIRC, the relative did NOT actually 'know' what was in the barrel.    I believe this was before it was widely, or maybe at all, known that she really had disappeared.    At the time of that occurrence, it probably didn't seem all that inordinate that he was asked to help load this barrel into the vehicle as there was no reason to conclude that it was a body.

So, all he could attest to was that it was a blue barrel and that it was heavy.

(the more I think about it, the more I recall)

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, agree, just like Richard Speck and John Wayne Gacy. Speck died in prison, Gacy was executed. I do remember the relative of Peterson saying that the barrel/container felt warm to the touch. Ick.