Respected Contributor

@Terri1920 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

Not sure if this is drama as some would describe it, but it is for me. For over 6 weeks now myself/my wife and my doctor have been fighting a very painful wound that does not want to heal.

Next week I will be going to an Advanced Wound Care Center with hopes of them being able to get this wound to start to heal. It started strangely and it is in an area where it just seems to not heal. I have had so many injuries and wounds, but only 1 that comes even close to this one.

That 1 in particular was when I spilled boiling hot coffee into my lap. Had 2nd degree burns in much of my groin area, and it took over 6 months to begin to even heal. This one, while a bit different, is just as painful, but it is not even looking like it wants to heal.

Drama? Guess that is up to anyone that reads this, but I am aware of it every waking minute, and have even been awakened by it.

hckynut(john)

Gosh hckynut - What kind of doctor are you going to?  Why is he dragging this out for 6 wks?  Are you taking an antibiotic besides the topical creams you are using? Was a scraping taken to see what strain your wound is?

You should have been given an antibiotic for one week.  If that didn't start helping, then maybe you should have gone to a dermatologist or be put in the hospital.  Surely with everyone you know who is a doctor - something should have been done besides fooling around with this for 6 wks.  This is a new one on me.

I hope you get this resolved somehow.  This should never have gone on this long.  I am surprised nobody else has mentioned this.  Maybe they like the drama?

It seems as though John has a pilonidal cyst which is on the tailbone or coccyx.  It is quite painful and must be opened, drained and requires multiple daily dressing changes.

For you to say to see a dermatologist and get on an antibiotic...it ain't quite that simple.

Many times if it does not heal, more surgery is required, more wound care, etc. 

I know a few people that have been treated for these and it is more than unpleasant.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gooday  I hope John is on the mend by now.  I just came across this thread and see that he and his doctor have let this go on for more than 6 weeks.  I don't know anything about pilonidal cysts but wouldn't an antibiotic be a start?  You mention "more surgery" but it looks as though nothing had been done yet - 

The info you googled talks about cysts that are already being treated and have dressings changed.  It doesn't look like anything like this has been done yet.  I don't think the other poster was too far off.  JMO and again, I hope John is being treated for whatever it is.

Frequent Contributor
@SeaMaiden, you are very wise. A lot of people who endure drama as children continue the cycle as adults. I'm sorry that your childhood was full of drama and possibly chaos. It sounds like you are a strong woman who makes positive choices for herself. Good for you!! I hate drama also but it took years for me to get to the point where I realized I could make the decision to live without it! I don't have as many people in my life as a result but my life is much calmer and I am happier this way.
Kate

Trusted Contributor

seamaiden..... i like game shows.... i have watched the price is right for a long time.... however, lately the contestants seem to be getting more crazy and creating more drama.... i use the mute button a lot....

i seem to like less drama the older i get....

Honored Contributor

@KateinOK wrote:
@SeaMaiden, you are very wise. A lot of people who endure drama as children continue the cycle as adults. I'm sorry that your childhood was full of drama and possibly chaos. It sounds like you are a strong woman who makes positive choices for herself. Good for you!! I hate drama also but it took years for me to get to the point where I realized I could make the decision to live without it! I don't have as many people in my life as a result but my life is much calmer and I am happier this way.
Kate

@KateinOK   Thank you Kate for your post.  Yes, deleting people from your life including family..... that have caused pain and misery is what you must do.... but it can result in having less close people in your life.    I have done without family for 30 plus years so for me it seems normal and I actually do not even think about them at all.  I made my own way... my own happiness.  It is not perfect by any means, but, the misery I remember is now only a distant memory rather than playing in my life over and over again.  Best wishes to you in your journey drama free.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

seamaiden..... i like game shows.... i have watched the price is right for a long time.... however, lately the contestants seem to be getting more crazy and creating more drama.... i use the mute button a lot....

i seem to like less drama the older i get....

@game-on   I actually am watching less and less of  the housewives shows and other reality shows  any more as it seems to bring up  the same feelings I had seperated myself from.  Fighting, yelling, angry, hitting... these are all emotions that just cause anxiety and unhappiness.  More drama in your life from TV!

I think most people have become so use to the ugliness of Drama in their lives that they almost need to  watch these anger filled shows like a drug...   they need it!  And then they wonder why they can not sleep,  why they overeat, why they  feel unhappy and stressed out.   

Honored Contributor

Gooday wrote:

It seems as though John has a pilonidal cyst which is on the tailbone or coccyx.  It is quite painful and must be opened, drained and requires multiple daily dressing changes.

My husband had this cyst on the tailbone about 10 years ago.  He had to have a pretty major surgery to remove it and it was a painful  several week  recovery at home as they have to go quite deep to remove all of the cyst.  It is usually something you are just born with.   Since having the surgery, my husband has never had the cyst come back    If you do not totally remove it, it will return again and again and the pain from the cyst is probably the worst pain my husband has ever endured.  

Respected Contributor

People do seem to create drama don't they. I think there are those that thrive on drama in their lives. 

-Texas Hill Country-