Esteemed Contributor

My virus software is Trend. It is expiring and has to be renewed soon. 53 dollars (with tax) to renew it (and it covers multiple devices but I dont use it on other devices).

I may try to get another kind. If I do must I first UNinstall my current virus software so they dont clash? (If I remember correctly yes) And what kind do you prefer?

PS) I have heard of some kinds of free virus software are good but I never had those.

Lastly- I bought this last newest laptop at Best Buy and I told my DH next time when he needs a new laptop (soon) to get it on QVC like we always did. Because it has free virus software for the life of and free tech support (among other perks), so I regret buying this laptop of mine at Best Buy.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

We use the free anti virus program that comes with Microsoft's Windows 10.  We also use the free version of Malware Bytes too. They do a terrific job.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

We use the free anti virus program that comes with Microsoft's Windows 10.  We also use the free version of Malware Bytes too. They do a terrific job.

Thank you for answering. And I didnt even know my Windows 10 had virus software.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

My virus software is Trend. It is expiring and has to be renewed soon. 53 dollars (with tax) to renew it (and it covers multiple devices but I dont use it on other devices).

I may try to get another kind. If I do must I first UNinstall my current virus software so they dont clash? (If I remember correctly yes) And what kind do you prefer?

PS) I have heard of some kinds of free virus software are good but I never had those.

Lastly- I bought this last newest laptop at Best Buy and I told my DH next time when he needs a new laptop (soon) to get it on QVC like we always did. Because it has free virus software for the life of and free tech support (among other perks), so I regret buying this laptop of mine at Best Buy.

@Shorty2U, I use the anti virus software that I pay for monthly through my internet provider.  I pay $5.99 per month for McAfee. This is about $72.00 a year and it is so worth it to cover two computers in my home.

I don't ever have to worry about it being up to date.  It checks daily for updates, downloads them in the background and lets me choose when to install.  The software checks everything (updates to all browsers on my computer). Any time I have a problem, I just call.  I've had it for about four years and I'm happy with it.  I do have Windows 10 but I don't use the virus protection in that program.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Thank you for answering. And I didnt even know my Windows 10 had virus software.

It's called Windows Defender in Windows 10. Once in a while you will see instead of Shut Down it will say Shut Down and Update -- the program updates as needed.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼