Trusted Contributor

Re: Don't complain if you open this...MASK POST

[ Edited ]

Personal responsibility?

Anti-maskers who don't or refuse to wear a mask use the 

"personal freedom" argument.

Mandate everyone to wear a mask to get Covid-19 under control.   That mandate has to come from the top.

Mask wearing is routine in Asia..    Out of consideration for others.  Without question.  And they have brought Covid down because of that.

Why not in America?  I just do not understand.  What is  so difficult about wearing a mask/face covering if it helps to save lives?  Yours, family, friends, or others.

JMO

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Everyone should wear a mask

No questions  asked. For the sake of their co workers. 

(first post with iPad)

@I am still oxox  hi! I bought an iPad from the Q in April, my very first one. I had no idea what to do with it, as I thought my granddaughter would set it up for me. However, who knew we'd be quarantined so long? So I actually figured it out myself, with a little help from my granddaughter when she visited us a few weeks ago, sitting outdoors social distancing with masks. She did what I couldn't figure out, and now I'm just learning as I go along. Who knew I could read my Kindle books on there? I think I got a really good price on it too, which is surprising! 

I'll have to try posting on this board with it. Should be interesting! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

If "another mask post" serves to inform people who aren't paying attention that there is no evidence that you can't have the virus again and that even if you have immunity the immunity you have may last a very, very short time, then I think "another mask post" is worthwhile.

And it appears that even now not everyone knows that they can spread it to others and that wearing a mask is one way to protect other people from you if you are carrying the virus and don't even know it.

Rampant ignorance suggests wd have a Mask of the Day thread.😊

Obviously, a mask of the day post is needed since so many ignore experts in the field of epidemiology and instead rely on those who have no education, training, or expertise in the field.   

Esteemed Contributor

The cleaning people should wear masks and it does matter even if no one is in the building. First, there were people in the building who were possibly high risk, second to protect themselves from each other and lastly, Covid-19 can survive up to 72 hrs on some surfaces so if they are infected and sneeze, cough or even talk, they could spread the disease and in a medical facility where people of high risk most likely will be. Lastly, it’s against OSHA standards. In our condo, our staff wear masks and when they enter apartments, booties, Tyvek suits, caps, masks and face shields. We aren’t a medical facility. I’d report them to the housekeeping supervisor and not rely on the nurse to do it.
Esteemed Contributor

Even if you think you had the virus, a mask should be worn. They are not sure you have immunity or how long it lasts; you could be a silent carrier. I don’t know how accurate reports are but some say they’ve had the infection twice. And, testing is easy enough to get through Quest or Labcorp, you should have antibodies done. As our Gov in NJ stated, it’s time to be selfless not selfish and it’s not a matter of politics. The virus doesn’t care what you’re political affiliation is and wearing a mask may be life or death for someone else. We ask so much from public officials but we can’t do a simple thing like wear a mask in public; it’s beyond my comprehension. I initially was not a fan of our Gov in NJ but am now; he works hard, is compassionate and understands data. Don’t be offended but to quote him “don’t be a knucklehead, wear a mask”