Honored Contributor

Re: Don't complain if you open this...MASK POST

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Mominohio 

You can only control what you do, and not what anybody else does.

Also, telling people not to complain, is begging for people to comment.

Once you hit "Post", it is open to everyone to respond, even if their response is to complain about your post.

Just sayin'.

People are complaing about mask and virus posts, because people aren't clear in the title that that is what the post is about, and they supposedly are sick and tired of them. 

I'm not going to feel bad for those that open this thread, and then complain about the subject matter, as it is listed clearly in the title. 

Just sayin'

@Mominohio   *sigh*  It isn't about the board beind flooded with mask threads, which it is.

It's about the standard "I saw somebody without a mask at ....." which generates nothing of substance.

Had you brought the situation to somebody other than a nurse, who most likely has enough to do as it is, it would have been more interesting to see how you may have been able to get a resolution to the situation.

Instead, you told a nurse who has no authority over those workers and left the situation unresolved.  Bringing it here did nothing.

There is nothing any poster can do for you here; I would prefer to see solutions to the situation instead of the usual "I spy with my little eye" threads.

I think you have a valid complaint; but your solution is there, not here.

May I ask what you expected to see here in response?

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@NickNack Thank you for telling me.  I have turned it all off because I just needed some peace back in my life.  Had not heard that one.  I guess the mask will be on now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14, you are not taking the simple step of wearing a mask because you think you had the virus? Seriously, that presumption could get you very, very ill.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3, with all due respect (seriously), we can all post according to our own standards, as long as they comply with rules here. Whether someone has a solution or not is your standard. It certainly isn't mine or, I would venture to say, most posters.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If "another mask post" serves to inform people who aren't paying attention that there is no evidence that you can't have the virus again and that even if you have immunity the immunity you have may last a very, very short time, then I think "another mask post" is worthwhile.

And it appears that even now not everyone knows that they can spread it to others and that wearing a mask is one way to protect other people from you if you are carrying the virus and don't even know it.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Laura14, you are not taking the simple step of wearing a mask because you think you had the virus? Seriously, that presumption could get you very, very ill.

And it could get someone else very, very ill.

I swear, we need billboards across the county telling people they should wear masks and why because it certainly seems that there are still people who have no idea.

Valued Contributor

Kind of weird.. hired to kill covid but not to prevent reinfecting the place if they miss a nook or cranny.  

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Mominohio 

You can only control what you do, and not what anybody else does.

Also, telling people not to complain, is begging for people to comment.

Once you hit "Post", it is open to everyone to respond, even if their response is to complain about your post.

Just sayin'.

People are complaing about mask and virus posts, because people aren't clear in the title that that is what the post is about, and they supposedly are sick and tired of them. 

I'm not going to feel bad for those that open this thread, and then complain about the subject matter, as it is listed clearly in the title. 

Just sayin'

@Mominohio   *sigh*  It isn't about the board beind flooded with mask threads, which it is.

It's about the standard "I saw somebody without a mask at ....." which generates nothing of substance.

Had you brought the situation to somebody other than a nurse, who most likely has enough to do as it is, it would have been more interesting to see how you may have been able to get a resolution to the situation.

Instead, you told a nurse who has no authority over those workers and left the situation unresolved.  Bringing it here did nothing.

There is nothing any poster can do for you here; I would prefer to see solutions to the situation instead of the usual "I spy with my little eye" threads.

I think you have a valid complaint; but your solution is there, not here.

May I ask what you expected to see here in response?

jmoymmv

@Cakers3 

Where did you get any idea I was looking for a solution here? I never asked for a solution from you or anyone else here. I shared an experience, and offered the observation that places we would expect to be the most safe or see the highest level of precautions are obviously not doing it, and just beware to all of us to not feel overly protected or overly secure in places we might think we are.

And at that point in time (last of the patients seen for the day) you think there is going to be an office manager or the supervisor of the cleaning crew on duty? I think not. 

Sorry honey, but I don't want or need anybody here to do anything for me about this subject, I was sharing an experience, not asking you to save my world for me. But nice try at being condescending and rude.

Honored Contributor

This is just a thought, my own personal thought,  to not wear a mask, or do the social distancing, for awhile longer, is like,  well, I go to the dentist, so why floss and brush my teeth?  Or, I don't have to watch what I eat since I have pills to take care of the illness I have (like Diabetes).  There's still a few things we can do to be cautious.  We obey traffic signals to not have a car wreck, we can do the same for our own health.  Hopefully, soon a shot, or pills will become available.

We just have to be patient awhile longer.

Honored Contributor

Oye, I'm so tired of the mask or no mask discussion. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"