Respected Contributor

I love the Dollar Store.  Ours is maybe two or three miles from our house.  I buy toilet paper, paper towels, cereal, dish liquid, laundry detergent, and any cleaning supplies I need.  They also have terrific prices on greeting cards!  It is so convenient and they always have enough checking lanes open so you are in and out in a flash.  Price wise, it is about the same as Walmart without the hassle.  They have great prices and food items also.

Frequent Contributor

Hands down Dollar Tree is the best for beautiful gift bags for all occassions including wine gift bags, bows and ribbons, scotch tape and tissue paper, etc.  I only buy these things from Dollar Tree - you are crazy not to!  And yes, they have great cards too.  I've also bought some condiments and canned goods. And my favorite is to buy my two fur babies little stuffed animal toys as a special treat.  They have great stuffies of course for just a $1.

Many years back I was unemployed living off unemployment benefits.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere and I was so depressed because of it.  But I could go to Dollar Tree every now and again and spend a few bucks.  It made me feel normal for just a little bit to carry bags out to my car.  I felt like I was out "shopping" with everyone else.  Very thankful that chapter has been closed now.

Honored Contributor

I keep a list for Grocery store, Wal-mart and the Dollar Store.  Buying cleaning products and the like are less money than at the other two places.  When I see people at the Grocery store with laundry detergents and brooms in their cart I just cringe about the $$ they are loosing.  Of course some just one one stop for all items.  I probably hit the dollar store at least every other week or so.  Great place to grab coloring books ect... for my grandchildren to keep on hand.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I'm waiting for the thunderstorms to stop so I can go to the Dollar Tree today.  We just had the wettest May in history here and it looks like June is starting off the same way.

I'm going over there to pick up a bunch of plastic food containers for leftovers for a party this weekend. I think they're four for a dollar. I'll probably pick up a few cards too while I'm there.  I had to buy two birthday cards at the Hallmark store (age specific) last week and it almost killed me to pay so much for them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dollar Store

[ Edited ]

Sometime when I use DS products, I have to use twice as much, doesn't make it a savings.  Some are good.  Greeting cards for one a bargan.  I fhave a friend that buys her veg. there.  Not for me. Will pay for better ones.  Good for holiday wrappings.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to get my readers, sunglasses and snacks there.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Pancho wrote:

Hands down Dollar Tree is the best for beautiful gift bags for all occassions including wine gift bags, bows and ribbons, scotch tape and tissue paper, etc.  I only buy these things from Dollar Tree - you are crazy not to!  And yes, they have great cards too.  I've also bought some condiments and canned goods. And my favorite is to buy my two fur babies little stuffed animal toys as a special treat.  They have great stuffies of course for just a $1.

Many years back I was unemployed living off unemployment benefits.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere and I was so depressed because of it.  But I could go to Dollar Tree every now and again and spend a few bucks.  It made me feel normal for just a little bit to carry bags out to my car.  I felt like I was out "shopping" with everyone else.  Very thankful that chapter has been closed now.

My brother, who I guess you would classify as a "ne'er do well" rarely had ANY money.  He loved dollar stores, and often my cards, little birthday or Christmas presents would come from the Dollar Store...I could tell.

He's gone now, bless his soul, and I treasure those Dollar Store gifts.  I have them around, here and there.

Respected Contributor

Now carry Hallmark. I love Hallmark cards but their stores are shutting down. 5.95/6.95 for a card.  Some things at DT is not a bargain. Some of the foil is so thin and 25 square ft you would need 8/9 boxes. I buy the Reynolds heavy duty at sams. 2/$15. Big roll, better quality and would easily be 7 boxes of dollar store foil.  I do buy cards/some plastics/kitchen items there. Throw away serving pieces vs not getting my good ones back from a party.  Heard about China toothpaste. Not getting it there.