Respected Contributor

Love Dollar Tree.  My last trip is got a couple boxes of aluminum foil sheets, parchment paper, Efferdent tablets for cleaning my ortho retainers, a pack of scrubby sponges, a couple pretty gift bags, and my supply of birthday cards for the year.  

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Dont know what dollar store you shopped at but on my grocery shopping day, Dollar General is the first place I stop.  Their Clover Valley brand of foods is very good and a lot cheaper than the grocery, paper products too.

Have a good time I like looky looing at a DG store.

The Dollar General has great coupons, too.  I downloaded their app and just punch in my phone number when I check out.  The Clover Valley brand is a good one, and they always have a good deal on Coke or Pepsi.

Contributor

I read in the Washington Post, that because of the Trump tariffs a lot of items in the Dollar Store will no longer be a dollar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/31/trumps-tariffs-are-hitting-countrys-most-vulnerab...

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA My dollar store of choice is Dollar General. If that's where you go, be sure to sign up for their digital coupons. I shop for the following: gift wrap, greeting cards and bows, office supplies, toothpaste, trash bags, zip top bags and other food storage, deo. soap, paper products, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and most cleaning supplies,light bulbs, razors for men and women, seasonal items and so much more.

Honored Contributor

@DollyDee wrote:

I read in the Washington Post, that because of the Trump tariffs a lot of items in the Dollar Store will no longer be a dollar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/31/trumps-tariffs-are-hitting-countrys-most-vulnerab...

Because everything is from China. I won't buy or use anything from China. Make sure you read where your toothpaste and such is made from the Dollar stores.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: Dollar Store

[ Edited ]

Not all dollar stores are created equal! I find Dollar General to be overpriced for what they sell...and some other dollar stores I have been in had merchandise that was so old, several years old, I was afraid to buy it. The Dollar Tree is the best IMO. The stores are clean, orderly, and have enough stock turnover that you see fresh merchandise on a regular basis, especially seasonal items.  Here are my regular go-tos at the Dollar Tree:

Shoeshine sponges,Hallmark cards, Gift bags, bows, tissue, sleep masks,Weekly pill box organizers, potholders, office supplies/notepads, cemetery vases, glass marble vase filler, cough drops, Reynolds wrap sheets, and TicTacs. Last week I scored Oreo pie crusts, L’Oreal lipstick, and Maybelline mascara.

I just love a bargain, don’t you?😉

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA   My Dollar General has a clearance going on.  I got 3 bags of all kinds of goodies for a little over $33.00    Included were 3 rolls of heavy duty Reynolds Wrap for $1.13 each.  I love my DG.

Honored Contributor
We don’t have anything called dollar store here, just Dollar Tree and a few Dollar General...but most of the DG are closing.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Be careful with old shampoos.  I found a bottle of Flex shampoo which I had used for years before they discontinued the brand.  When I used my newly found FLEX, I found that the chemicals may have disintegrated:  it left white flakes and dandruff on my scalp.

Thus was a totally new experience...never had dandruff before.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor
Ewww! It pays to be cautious....actually no matter where you buy stuff if it is going in or on your body