Valued Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

@apple1964 wrote:

WIld turkeys and cray cray people.Woman LOL

I burst out laughing at this...I see wild turkeys almost daily...and the cray cray...can't get away from them. Rather deal with the turkeys...lol

Honored Contributor

Animals scare me.

Honored Contributor

Yes,  the older I get, I start to think about THE END....  I have thoughts about that I should start getting rid of stuff as when I am gone there will be no one who will want it.   DH and I  have no family, no children, so everything I and DH have is just here.

I think more about illness( although I am very healthy at 63)   and I think about being alone if DH goes before I do...

These thoughts go through my head every so often and do make me uncomfortable...... fear? No not really fear.... just uncomfortable....

Are these normal thoughts at my age? I do not know.  Maybe others of you about 63 can tell me if you have these thoughts about THE END.    

Honored Contributor

Becoming mentally and/or physically incapacitated as I age.

Not being able to find a safe, comfortable senior apartment shortly after my husband passes, should he be the first to die.  (Sorry to be morbid.) 

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately too many things...things that never bothered me before freak me out now.

dentist, flying, heights, driving, snakes, etc. 😂

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

*Elevators - I was once  briefly stuck in a small crowded elevator. Since then I avoid using them if possible. This has caused me a lot of anxiety in hotels.

*Heavy Thunder, Wind, Snow or Ice Storms - Mainly a fear of losing power, especially in cold weather. In my area, we seem to lose power so easily.  Makes me very nervous.

*Dentist - I go regularly for routine cleanings but I am always anxious before I get there. My dentist has rarely caused me any discomfort, but I am still scared.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Being alone in my house at night.  I never realized how really afraid I was till DH had to be hopitalized in 2011.  Every little noise petrified me.  I had never been alone at night before that.  If he goes first, I guess I'll get a German Shepherd, Rottweiller, or Doberman!!!!!  

@jubilant    Here is an idea for a body guard rather than a dog....... Kevin Costner......Smiley Happy

MV5BYjNhMGEwNDYtOTYxZC00NmY3LWI0ZmMtMDdmZTU2OTgzMDYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Super Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

WIld turkeys and cray cray people.Woman LOL

Hmmm . . . .I love wild turkeys. They are amazing birds.

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

tunnels

isolated areas

heights

elevators

strangers standing way too close to me in public

bridges

fear of death

doctors and dentists

spiders

snakes

creepy crawlies

dark places

deep water

crowds

people yelling and fighting

driving and walking on ice

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes,  the older I get, I start to think about THE END....  I have thoughts about that I should start getting rid of stuff as when I am gone there will be no one who will want it.   DH and I  have no family, no children, so everything I and DH have is just here.

I think more about illness( although I am very healthy at 63)   and I think about being alone if DH goes before I do...

These thoughts go through my head every so often and do make me uncomfortable...... fear? No not really fear.... just uncomfortable....

Are these normal thoughts at my age? I do not know.  Maybe others of you about 63 can tell me if you have these thoughts about THE END.    

@SeaMaiden

I am only 51 but I think about the end at least once a week. I don't know why I am obsessing over this.