Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

I noticed that many of us are afraid of snakes.  I have no idea where or how I developed the phobia of fear of snakes but I have it.  It is so bad now that it interferes with my daily life during the summer.  I refuse to walk on wooded trails or dark pathways.  Each year we visit my brother-in-law who lives in rural Tennessee and every year I refuse to walk out into the yard.  I am convinced that there are snakes in his house in the basement.  

This leads me to my other fear.  There is no way I could ever live in a totally rural area.  I need to see other houses and people and street lights.  

Another fear I have is being caught in an active shooter situation.  

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@fortune

It's funny you mention the horse & buggies.  I've often said we should go back to the horse & buggy days.  Smiley Wink

We have horses and buggy's on the roads where I live.  They are dangerous.  Young teens are driving them and they are not very visible at night..or even during the day time.  And, you have to deal with horse doo doo on the roads.

be careful what you wish for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elevators are not my cup of tea.

fear of doctors.

fear of taxes (always afraid of outcome)

fear of being stranded. This is a huge fear. Have had this fear since I have been a young child.

I have other fears but don’t want to sound like a Monk (monk the t.v.show)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to edit my reply but could not edit the reply

the huge fear I have is being stranded. I have had this fear since I have been a young child. Why am not sure.

Going over bridges are also a huge fear. The higher and longer they are are the worst. So afraid the bridge will collapse while I am driving over it or I will be forced off the bridge.