Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone feel the same?

We are all political junkies in our house.We talk & or watch politics a lot! This is a very serious election that should not be taken lightly! Whatever your political affiliation it's important to listen & learn.Ask yourself what kind of world you want to live in & vote!! It could make the difference!!

If you chose to be uninformed & not vote you will have no right to complain if you don't like the outcome!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

We are all political junkies in our house.We talk & or watch politics a lot! This is a very serious election that should not be taken lightly! Whatever your political affiliation it's important to listen & learn.Ask yourself what kind of world you want to live in & vote!! It could make the difference!!

If you chose to be uninformed & not vote you will have no right to complain if you don't like the outcome!!

@NicksmomESQ

I agree with everything you have said. But I do understand people who are thinking of not voting this cycle (at least for the head office, as there is no excuse for not voting at all, way too much at stake at the more local levels). I never quite understood that before, but I do with this match up.

Maybe it's my age, or my cynicism, but it certainly doesn't feel (to me) like either choice would net any good at all. And I think that most people believe a write in vote or third party type candidate is a wasted vote. Like I said, I never got that attitude before, but I see where people feel this way this year. 

To clarify, I will vote, just not happy about my choices.

Respected Contributor

@Justice4all

Shakespeare was right on the money !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Sorry but the election of our next leader is of the utmost importance to the millions of people living here imo.

I agree, this election could make or break our country IMO. Sadly, people tend to hear only what they want to hear. Looks like someone is on the defensive due to the scrutiny over the FBI investigation.

Honored Contributor

So in order for some people to keep up, they have to watch repeats of the same story 24/7.  That's sad.  Some of us get it the first time the story is reported.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Without getting into politics of any of the candidates and arguing, is anyone else sick of all the politics day and night on the news?

I am so sick of it that I don't even have the tv on in the day time anymore and just listen to my 30 minutes of local news!

There's so many other more important things going on in the world (like the flooding in Louisiana the earthquake in Italy and on and on) they could focus on. But nope every time I turn on the major news channels its 99.9% politics.

I cant wait for the election to be over! lol. I even unfollowed lots of news sources on Facebook that have too many political posts. I will re follow them when the election is over!

(I also dvr all my tv shows so I don't have to see ads of any kind, not just political).

Yes.  It's all so divisive.  I will be glad when it's all over. 

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

not tired at all......because each and every day new information is revealed and to me that is IMPORTANT.

Over a year ago when the 'race' started, I was already bored and fed up.  Like most elections and candidates - promises, mud slinging, exposure, etc.  Yet the more they bark this n that, the more things don't get any better with any of them.  I think it's all just done for entertainment now.

I agree.  They give us an "illussion" that what we think matters!  It really doesn't that much.

*Call Tyrone*
QVC Customer Care

Thank you everyone for your post on this thread. This thread is being lock from further post.