Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone feel the same?

@Shorty2U YES, I feel exactly the same way! I have unfollowed many FB pages because I am sick of it!

Trusted Contributor

I watch the cooking channels, homechannels, housewives of somewhere and realtors.  Anything but the 3 major news channels, you hear the first 30 minutes of the day, you pretty much have it all.

Respected Contributor

Nope, I am lucky enough to live in a country where I can vote. I made a commitment long ago to never go into a voting booth uninformed. So I keep up on everything, it doesn't always make me happy, but I feel I can make a vote with confidence when I watch and read!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U

Nope, I love watching it day and night. Before November 8th I don't think there is anyone that can learn too much before they make all their choices.

I just received my early voting registration card to send to our election commission. However, I will wait until the last day before I need to send the actual voting ballot back to them.

Every day I feel I can learn 1 or more things about all candidates on our ballot. I will keep up my watching until the final day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

This is the first year for me that i feel voting either way is a "no win" situation.......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Without getting into politics of any of the candidates and arguing, is anyone else sick of all the politics day and night on the news?

I am so sick of it that I don't even have the tv on in the day time anymore and just listen to my 30 minutes of local news!

There's so many other more important things going on in the world (like the flooding in Louisiana the earthquake in Italy and on and on) they could focus on. But nope every time I turn on the major news channels its 99.9% politics.

I cant wait for the election to be over! lol. I even unfollowed lots of news sources on Facebook that have too many political posts. I will re follow them when the election is over!

(I also dvr all my tv shows so I don't have to see ads of any kind, not just political).

@Shorty2U

If the wrong person gets elected, I'll be moving to Canada.  I wonder how their TV programming is. . .

Honored Contributor

I'm not tired of it, as it is important in the decisions we have to make at all levels of government and will affect our future much beyond election day.

What I am tired of is the fact that none of them are ever really different anymore. All self serving candidates, all equally dangerous and lacking. What I'm tired of is having to try to choose between the lesser of the two evils.

I long for the day when even though 'politics' was always part of the game, each candidate had some legitimacy, ideas, and something appealing, if only to their own side. That just isn't happening this time around in the "big one" at all.

Honored Contributor

Sorry but the election of our next leader is of the utmost importance to the millions of people living here imo.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Without getting into politics of any of the candidates and arguing, is anyone else sick of all the politics day and night on the news?

I am so sick of it that I don't even have the tv on in the day time anymore and just listen to my 30 minutes of local news!

There's so many other more important things going on in the world (like the flooding in Louisiana the earthquake in Italy and on and on) they could focus on. But nope every time I turn on the major news channels its 99.9% politics.

I cant wait for the election to be over! lol. I even unfollowed lots of news sources on Facebook that have too many political posts. I will re follow them when the election is over!

(I also dvr all my tv shows so I don't have to see ads of any kind, not just political).

@Shorty2U

If the wrong person gets elected, I'll be moving to Canada.  I wonder how their TV programming is. . .

@fortune

Not sure if your statement is meant to be lighthearted or serious, but I will say, I get really tired of our 'celebrity' culture threatening this every time an election might not go their way.

To those who really feel that way, I say "buh bye", and good riddance.