Respected Contributor

Re: Doctor's order for CV test?

@BrandiDavis, I think we all know that the testing was a major SNAFU.  But to address your specific concerns, some states are just not as up to speed as others due to the problems with testing to provide the number of tests they need.  It may be that this individual met all the stated criteria, but her age precluded her from testing because they had so few tests that particular day & tests were being reserved for older individuals.

I understand being frustrated, believe me I am too.  And I know they knew this was coming so some of us are beyond words as to how many times mistakes were made by our officials and the mixed messages sent to the public.  But we have to focus on the here and now.  As more testing becomes available most areas should be able to meet the need to test more people.   ****Fingers crossed****

This is why it is so important to take measures to really restrict the movement of people in local areas & practicing social distancing.  Right now basically you have to act like everyone around you might have the virus.  Because you don't know that they don't. Stay inside and follow the advice of experts as to handwashing, use hand sanitizer if you do have to go out, carry disinfectant wipes, etc.  Hang in there.  It might not seem like it, but one day we will be on the other side of this!   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@BrandiDavis, I think we all know that the testing was a major SNAFU.  But to address your specific concerns, some states are just not as up to speed as others due to the problems with testing to provide the number of tests they need.  It may be that this individual met all the stated criteria, but her age precluded her from testing because they had so few tests that particular day & tests were being reserved for older individuals.

I understand being frustrated, believe me I am too.  And I know they knew this was coming so some of us are beyond words as to how many times mistakes were made by our officials and the mixed messages sent to the public.  But we have to focus on the here and now.  As more testing becomes available most areas should be able to meet the need to test more people.   ****Fingers crossed****

This is why it is so important to take measures to really restrict the movement of people in local areas & practicing social distancing.  Right now basically you have to act like everyone around you might have the virus.  Because you don't know that they don't. Stay inside and follow the advice of experts as to handwashing, use hand sanitizer if you do have to go out, carry disinfectant wipes, etc.  Hang in there.  It might not seem like it, but one day we will be on the other side of this!   

@pitdakota, Los Angeles County (my area) has just mandated a stay-at-home policy. It will go into effect tonight at midnight, although it's basically on the honor system. Also, all non-essential stores and businesses with close.

If 15 percent or more don't abide by the new rules, it's all for naught. Our governor has said that without compliance, California can see as many as 50 percent of the population contracting the virus. This is based on the spike we are seeing.

I will admit that I am very anxious.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, just got a text from my sister-in-law in San Diego telling us the news.    And remember in areas where they took really drastic action to shut down activity such as Singapore and Taiwan, it did make a difference in their spikes.   

Bound to be anxiety provoking, but hang in there.  And remember, we will get through this!!!  Heart

Ok, off to call SIL I know she is anxious as well.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with those who have said we need to more widely test.  If we don't, how do we know when it's subsiding and safe to be out again?  Without the data, we could be told it's all clear when it's not.  

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

Perhaps, I should have been more specific as to what I meant. This is NOT for me at all, rather it stemmed from an incident re a co-worker's friend.

Let's all agree not to spread rumors about a friend of a friend of a friend.  This does nothing to help the situation.  Let's not clog the forum with bad information.  If there are specific facts you can share that are verified, please pass them along to help others.  Let's not induce panic with rumors. 

Valued Contributor

@Travone How about you post what you want and I'll do the same. If I want to talk about the lack of testing here I will, and it's not a rumor that there aren't enough test kits! Have you not turned on the news lately? Sorry I don't have documentation to provide you re the incident. SMH This is the only time I will respond to you. Have a good day and stay safe!
~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

What I have read.

The individual Governors of States, and local officials, must step up their efforts on drive up testing and testing sights, working in conjunction with CDC and the Federal Government.

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:
@TravoneHow about you post what you want and I'll do the same. If I want to talk about the lack of testing here I will, and it's not a rumor that there aren't enough test kits! Have you not turned on the news lately? Sorry I don't have documentation to provide you re the incident. SMH This is the only time I will respond to you. Have a good day and stay safe!

@BrandiDavis   I think your isolation is getting to you.  That was not a nice post at all......in fact it was quite Witchy, with a different first letter.

I said we should only post facts not rumors.  Your original post was filled with hysteria and friend of a friend of a friend information.....of which you did not bother to disclose.  Going forward I will just not read any of your posts as I now know you only want to sprad panic and half truths.  I hope you stay indoors and and don't infect anyone wiht your attitude.  Have a lovely weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Business are asked to take the temp of their employees every day....if someone has a temp, they are sent home.

Nationwide, @Mom2Dogs?  Sounds good.

This was a SUGGESTION by the Ohio governor.  But today he said he knows that is not really a widespread possibility.  Some businesses don't have the capabilities or the supplies to take everyone's temperature daily and keep everything sterile.  Our governor is rockin' this virus.

I live in Ohio.  We are being told at work to take our temps before we come in.  I work in the same building as some Cleveland clinic employees.  I walked in this morning to see a woman all set up and ready to take the temps of employees as they came in to work.  However, it was for Clinic employees only, not us.  

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Travone wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Business are asked to take the temp of their employees every day....if someone has a temp, they are sent home.

Nationwide, @Mom2Dogs?  Sounds good.

This was a SUGGESTION by the Ohio governor.  But today he said he knows that is not really a widespread possibility.  Some businesses don't have the capabilities or the supplies to take everyone's temperature daily and keep everything sterile.  Our governor is rockin' this virus.

I live in Ohio.  We are being told at work to take our temps before we come in.  I work in the same building as some Cleveland clinic employees.  I walked in this morning to see a woman all set up and ready to take the temps of employees as they came in to work.  However, it was for Clinic employees only, not us.  

@Lipstickdiva  I actually think that is a great idea. Where I work there are only 10 of us, our office is in a rather small sized room, but I wish my boss would start doing something like that, b/c employees do have to work so close together. 

I am fortunate in that I work midnights and other than Sat/Sun when I do 12 hour shifts (7p-7a) I work by myself overnight. Also, there are 5 cubicles all together and it's not like anyone has their own desk. Everyone uses every desk and I really hope they are sanitizing it each time, but I honestly doubt it. Now, my desk is actually in the corner and my boss doesn't like any other employees sitting there, so usually my desk is only used by me and then my boss will use it when he's there sometimes during the day.

Anyways, again I think ANY precaution that can be taken should be right now. It's better to be safe than sorry. 

~ Hope in TN ~