Honored Contributor

Re: Doctor's order for CV test?

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Business are asked to take the temp of their employees every day....if someone has a temp, they are sent home.

Nationwide, @Mom2Dogs?  Sounds good.

This was a SUGGESTION by the Ohio governor.  But today he said he knows that is not really a widespread possibility.  Some businesses don't have the capabilities or the supplies to take everyone's temperature daily and keep everything sterile.  Our governor is rockin' this virus.

I am impressed by many of the state governors in this crisis.  I can see why it would be difficult to implement.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy, Taiwan and Singapore have really done a fairly impressive job, especially with their geographical proximity to China.  Also, while South Korea was hit fairly hard, their efforts appear to be paying off with the number of their cases steadily decreasing. 

TAiwan, really started working early and undertook some really aggressive measures early.  They even rationed their masks available to the public knowing there would be panic buying, closed schools, required temp checks before entering public buildings, etc.  Interesting to see what they did.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

With the exception of a pregnancy test, I know of no other tests anyone can get without a doctor's order.

I saw on a COVID 19 program on my my local TV station last evening, that a new test that could be done at home is about to be released.  You can swab your nose and throat and send in the specimen where it will be tested.  Results take a few days to hear back.

I don't know if you will be able to purchase the test without a doctor's orders.  I also wonder if millions of people get this at home test, if the tech's can keep up with the demands.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

With the exception of a pregnancy test, I know of no other tests anyone can get without a doctor's order.

I saw on a COVID 19 program on my my local TV station last evening, that a new test that could be done at home is about to be released.  You can swab your nose and throat and send in the specimen where it will be tested.  Results take a few days to hear back.

I don't know if you will be able to purchase the test without a doctor's orders.  I also wonder if millions of people get this at home test, if the tech's can keep up with the demands.

That is an awesome idea. More testing! One issue nags at me though. Civilians without medical training are going to administer these tests to themselves and then package them up and send them through the mail?

I hope this will be done strictly through a carrier that has been alerted to the system and that the packages are required to be labeled as containing hazardous materials. Gleeps.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Most of the drive in tests are with cars in line & windows closed. ID is shown through that closed window. Then you are directed as to where to go. It's not like a polling booth line! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

That is an awesome idea. More testing! One issue nags at me though. Civilians without medical training are going to administer these tests to themselves and then package them up and send them through the mail?

I hope this will be done strictly through a carrier that has been alerted to the system and that the packages are required to be labeled as containing hazardous materials. Gleeps.

I am sure they will be packaged in accordance with federal guidelines.  We already send fecal samples through the mail for colon tests.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thats not the way it is here.  They don't want people in doctor's offices.  You call a health department number to get pre-screened and if appropriate, you're referred to a drive in screening and test facility where you're screened again and possibly tested.

This sounds like the best system. 

I don't yet have a doctor.  I'm somewhat new to this community and had to wait three months for a doctors appointment....which was scheduled for Tuesday of this week, and got canceled. 

There needs to be a backup system for people like me.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a day behind reading our LI Newsday newspaper & unlike the New Rochelle, NY test area, you do not need a referral at the Jones Beach test site, but you need an appointment. Call 888-364-3065

In NJ, PRO HEALTH has been performing drive-thru tests at its facility in Secaucus. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Where my step daughter works, they are taking temps daily.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps, I should have been more specific as to what I meant. This is NOT for me at all, rather it stemmed from an incident re a co-worker's friend (she was refused testing and fit ALL criteria AND tested negative for the flu) and it just made me think about it, so I was curious what others thought about the process. I also think that people should be screened when they arrive to the testing centers. If they have a fever above the threshold then I see nothing wrong with first testing for the Flu, but if they test negative for that, then they should be tested for CV. 

I cannot quote everyone specifically, but I remember reading essentially WHY get a test....I will just say please tell me your kidding with that statement/question. I think the answer(s) are common sense. 

Also, I do know that no one was prepared for this (especially testing wise) so therefore it's turned into a chaotic mess. That being said if the people that ARE meeting ALL the criteria aren't being tested, then we really do have a big big problem on our hands. Let's just hope they use common sense and stay quarantined. I think people are just generally lacking faith that those in charge even know what the heck is going on either. I can't say that I blame them either will all of the conflicting information that we're told. 

Bottom line, I really hope that people that NEED testing can get it, btw I find it crazy that a lot of the NBA players and their families (of which some weren't even showing symptoms) were able to get tested with NO issues at all. Hmmm...wonder why. Makes me so mad. End of rant. 

#wewillgetthruthis

#hugstoall

~ Hope in TN ~