Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wish you had a fast forward button for everything not just TV...

I guess life would be very short on Fast Forward.... and life is too short as it is.  I actually do not mind commercials on TV ..... they give me time to regroup a bit..  take a call, check my mail.... get a snack!

...in life I enjoy some of the less than interesting moments between the good stuff...  especially now retired, I have  the time to listen more. And learn more I find!...

Slow down....  take a breath..

I look forward to the "Good Stuff" do not get me wrong....but am in no hurry to get there....I will on my own time.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch tv shows that have commercials.  When I do, I record it and watch later when I can fast forward to skip the ads. 

Trusted Contributor

i have several  programs that i recordand then view them as i desire.  i ff to parts that i do not want to wtch.  but for everything?  hmmmmm, i am not sure about that.

Respected Contributor

When I posted I did not want to make my life go by faster as I am old enough.  Quite the opposite...I don't want to waste time on stuff I don't need to know, watch or listen to.  I want to fast forward to the good stuff.  Church was just an example.  When they start talking about some cute thing that happened at church camp to a child I want to skip thru that to the sermon....When someone is telling me a story they have told me many times before I want to fast forward.  The fast forward on my TV allows me more time to watch what I want and not waste my life on commercials.

Honored Contributor

When I can't find something, I sometimes wish I could google it.

Honored Contributor

selfishly, 12 weeks.  bones should be healed by then. turns out i broke a finger on left hand. they missed it at the beginning.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

your post reminded me of the movie Click with Jim Carrey.  I too rarely watch TV in real time. But I’m ok with everything else, life is too short. 

Honored Contributor

Mostly, I just fast forward youtube videos.  If I am shopping for something at QVC and want to see a presentation, I will fast forward to the part I am interested in such as sizing, color, fit, how it works, etc.

Respected Contributor

No.

A pause button would be nice for life sometimes, time just gets away from us it seems...

And, a rewind button would be nice too. There are so many moments In one’s life that could definitely be lived over and over again.

-Texas Hill Country-