Super Contributor

Re: Do you think the media should stop showing this ""John"" Guy?

On 3/2/2015 Autumn in NY said:

I know he's been identified, but for days his pic and the story have been all over the TV and Internet news. I think it will only serve to call more attention to them.

The toothpaste is out of the tube and there's no putting it back.

Honored Contributor

They shouldn't show any of them. It's what they want, they love it. What they do should be a one line news item. Ignoring them is the best way to beat them. The same things we are trying to do to get them can still be done without the glorification.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Ford1224 said:

They shouldn't show any of them. It's what they want, they love it. What they do should be a one line news item. Ignoring them is the best way to beat them. The same things we are trying to do to get them can still be done without the glorification.

I agree!

Showing these images just add to their recruitment efforts. It doesn't save "one" from possibly joining, it will likely be the reason some might join believing that "John" is a normal guy and they might identify with him!

Respected Contributor

The latest is that this demon is from a well to do family and well educated. It was added in USA Today that he felt out of place being Muslim in Britain and shunning he received. That seemed to be this monster's excuse for what he has done. (can't get the burning images out of my mind either - just what they have shown on TV, could never watch the views of the actual happenings) When they talk about what a wonderful person he was, I have to be reminded that scripture states that the devil can disguise himself as " an angel of light." to achieve his evil purposes.

Esteemed Contributor

A good thing about john's name being in the news is that his dad in England had a harsh message for his son. Good to hear when so many of us wonder why decent religious people don't speak out against harsh extremism in their own faith.

Isn't it sad when broken and evil people go out into the world and become a menace - and actually gain a following of weak, broken and evil people? I have so much to say on this subject. I think I'll just be quiet right now. Good question, though.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

On 3/3/2015 sunala said:

I hate that he was given the nickname "Jihadi John." It sounds too cutesy and soft for a disgusting, horrible, despicable...well you get the idea.

ITA

I can't wait to read he has been killed...

He is a DISGUSTING POS!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

If someone is "wanted," why don't they post his uncovered face all over the Internet????? He'd be a lot less safe if they did that! He'd probably be killed by anyone who was so inclined and recognized him. NOT putting his uncovered face out there is protecting him!

Honored Contributor

The media I watch hasn't been showing it in excess, in my opinion.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

This ""John guy""???

You mean the ISIS Terrorist that has been beheading Americans and others???

Valued Contributor

On 3/3/2015 fortune said:

If someone is "wanted," why don't they post his uncovered face all over the Internet????? He'd be a lot less safe if they did that! He'd probably be killed by anyone who was so inclined and recognized him. NOT putting his uncovered face out there is protecting him!

THEY DO! His face has been shown multiple times hence this thread, I think...

His father just spoke out against him calling him all sorts of names...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ