Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A few years ago, DH and I started to go on a 1 week vacation yearly.  The last 3 years it has been a cruise.

We also have a travel trailer so we go camping about 5 or 6 times a year.

This year I am also doing an extended weekend girls trip to Sonoma. There will be 7 of us.  We leave on a Thursday evening and come back on Tuesday evening.  We rented what looks like a gorgeous home.  I cannot wait.  

OMG @Lipstickdiva  have you seen the movie Wine Country with Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, etc.?  It's about an extended weekend girls trip to Napa.  There are six of them in total, renting a spectacular home owned by Tina Fey's character.  Just released last month on Netflix.  A little racy, but hysterical!!

@Caaareful Shopper, I have not seen it but while we still have Netflix, I'll have to check it out.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

My life is a vacation.  We retired to the woods and that yearly trip to Florida is no longer a must.  We love it here in the UP.  

Honored Contributor

My last vacation was a beach trip for my husband, who had lost his mother a few months earlier.   He had a good time; our girls and I did not.   As far as I’m concerned, that was my last vacation.

Even tho my husband and girls are the 3 people I love most in the world, I am happy to be with them here at home, and do not want to vacation with them again.   My issue is that I am not satisfied anywhere else but home, period.

I hate riding in a car, and hate sharing the road with other drivers.   I hate eating restaurant food.  I hate sleeping in a room and bed that is not my bedroom or my bed.  

A vacation does not relax me; it creates more stress and tension.   The perfect vacation for me was when my husband took vacations to FL, TN, and VA with others, and I stayed home alone!    

I’m retired, live in the most perfect spot on earth, and am content with everything around me.