Respected Contributor

Re: Do you fly the flag on the 4th of July

It flies every day unless weather does not permit. Have had several lights on it but it just does not work well for some reason. I come from a military family -  WWII, Korea and Nam. My dad was career Army - groundpounder - fought in all three wars.

Honored Contributor

Our flag is flown every day. There are many flags in our town. Also many towns in the area put the flags on telephone poles on the main streets for all patriotic holidays.
Valued Contributor

Stays out every day with a light shining on it.  It hasn't offended anyone yet but tune in tomorrow in this PC World.

Honored Contributor

We fly our flag EVERY DAY unless it is raining.

Super Contributor

Yes I do.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Flag in the front yard, and Flag in the backyard.  All year around.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I fly my flag every day.
Respected Contributor

Yes. ArmedForsesDay.JPG

Honored Contributor

Unless the weather it inclement, ours flies every day. There is a spotlight on it at night.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:
Why is it wrong, Shorty? Rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.......

I am not Shorty, so I hope neither of you mind that I answer this question.  It is a sign of disrespect to leave our flag in the dark (or rain, but that standard has loosened somewhat).  The "rockets red glare" shined light onto our flag, proving it was still there.  

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:
Why is it wrong, Shorty? Rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.......

I am not Shorty, so I hope neither of you mind that I answer this question.  It is a sign of disrespect to leave our flag in the dark (or rain, but that standard has loosened somewhat).  The "rockets red glare" shined light onto our flag, proving it was still there.  

Interesting...my neighbor is a Navy pilot and his is up 24/7, regardless of weather.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero