Respected Contributor

Re: Do you enjoy exercising?

Sometimes.  The winter options aren't as much fun, but after the holidays, I usually really need it.

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini 

@santorini wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Doing it right now on treadmill.  Just took dog for 2 miles.  Going to gym for weights a nd 5 miles bike while watching news tonight.  Be doing it for 60 years.  I,m 83.

Tomorrow morning zumba and yoga stretch.  I put in about 3 hours every day, no joke.  Get nervous if I don,t exercise, plus I can do all my own house cleaning, and large yard work.  Sleep well at night.  No time for nap.

Oh my gosh, @qvcaddition!  You must look like Christy Brinkley!  Smiley Happy  Way to go!!!

No, I might have a one time, but i,m very fit.  I lost 2" from 5 '6" to 5 '4" .  I weigh 136.  I volunteered today to maybe become an instructor for Bingoize.  It,s a new program for seniors that don,t exercise.  They play bingo, then after numbers called, if they feel like it  do some easy exercise that I would plan, plus a balance.  I was interviewed and they said I was perfect.  I,m excited about it, but until I  see a presentation, I can,t  commit.  Haven,t been to bingo in years. I want to help on the exercise part.  I,m told I don,t look or act 83.  That is the power of exercise from the age of 23.  Only stopped to have three children.  I use to run 8 miles a day.

So keep up your exercise everyone, no matter how little or how much.  My daughter and sons all exercise.  Don,t have to do alot, but a little walk. I,m a fanatic.  My neighbor around the corner is competing in Law Vegas weight training for her age group.  She is 76.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like 90% of most people, hate it but love how you feel afterwards.   I much prefer the Zumba class I take.  However most of the time I'm with weights in the gym.  Do't run much.  Prefer to walk with weights.  I'm 5'4" 112 lbs. Good health.

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler 

Acutally love it.  Sadly, as I get older and need it more have become less consistant and have to take care to avoid injury or issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

@songbird wrote:

Like 90% of most people, hate it but love how you feel afterwards.   I much prefer the Zumba class I take.  However most of the time I'm with weights in the gym.  Do't run much.  Prefer to walk with weights.  I'm 5'4" 112 lbs. Good health.

Good for you.  I also do zumba Mon, wed., Fri.  It,s fun.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As Mae West might say, it depends on the exercise... 

But in general, no... I hate exercise, though one does feel better for having done it... As for those too prolific and too annoying Peloton and Peloton-like ads, there's just no way... And if anyone were to give me one for Christmas, I'd tell them where they could stick it... No interest whatsoever in the latest fitness gimmick...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@santorini 

@santorini wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Doing it right now on treadmill.  Just took dog for 2 miles.  Going to gym for weights a nd 5 miles bike while watching news tonight.  Be doing it for 60 years.  I,m 83.

Tomorrow morning zumba and yoga stretch.  I put in about 3 hours every day, no joke.  Get nervous if I don,t exercise, plus I can do all my own house cleaning, and large yard work.  Sleep well at night.  No time for nap.

Oh my gosh, @qvcaddition!  You must look like Christy Brinkley!  Smiley Happy  Way to go!!!

No, I might have a one time, but i,m very fit.  I lost 2" from 5 '6" to 5 '4" .  I weigh 136.  I volunteered today to maybe become an instructor for Bingoize.  It,s a new program for seniors that don,t exercise.  They play bingo, then after numbers called, if they feel like it  do some easy exercise that I would plan, plus a balance.  I was interviewed and they said I was perfect.  I,m excited about it, but until I  see a presentation, I can,t  commit.  Haven,t been to bingo in years. I want to help on the exercise part.  I,m told I don,t look or act 83.  That is the power of exercise from the age of 23.  Only stopped to have three children.  I use to run 8 miles a day.

So keep up your exercise everyone, no matter how little or how much.  My daughter and sons all exercise.  Don,t have to do alot, but a little walk. I,m a fanatic.  My neighbor around the corner is competing in Law Vegas weight training for her age group.  She is 76.

What an inspiration you are!  Your students will be so lucky to learn from you!  Awesome!

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

There are better quality Spin bikes than Peleton.

And, you can download spins or watch YouTube.

That's what I do.

It's not as "exciting" as a live class, but it gets the job done.

Honored Contributor

To everyone that doesn’t enjoy the gym...I think you haven’t found the right one.I was at my gym this morning for step class followed by station training.We have been together as a group for ten years so we all know most all there is to know about each other.We laugh,joke,tease and offer advice and hugs whenever needed.I love my mornings with these gym friends and there is always some laughter mixed in with sweat.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition @You are my role model.I am 65 and love to stay in shape but wondered for how many more years I would be able.I can see that you work much harder than me and I will definitely have to up my game.I am so happy I read your inspiring post.