Respected Contributor

Re: Do any of you name your vehicles

My late husband named me and my SUV,

La Belle et la Bête, Beauty and the Beast.

Esteemed Contributor

My trusty old Subaru Forester is blue - I call it "Bluebird."

Honored Contributor

I only ever named the first car I had:  a red VW Beetle bought new.  I called her Betsy Bug.  Sold her with 130,000 miles on the odometer, when I moved to England.  (I made sure she went to a good home.  Heard several years later she was still going strong; hadn't failed once!)

Respected Contributor

My youngest DD was 4 when I bought my last car.  She named it Shelia.  When I bougth my current car 10 years ago DD was almost 13 and asked me what I was going to name the car.  I choose Betty b/c the car is blue like Betty Rubble's blue dress. 

Honored Contributor

I had a 1999 Ford Explorer Limited Edition in a pearl white color. Her name was Pearl.  It's the only car I've ever named

Honored Contributor

I don't, but I should!

My children always have. One is "Subie." I can't think of the other one.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Why yes of course!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

My very first car ($400 and had to make monthly payments!) was Opal the Opel. An ugly rustbucket but it got me to work, on most days. My first NEW car was Rhonda the Honda.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

No.  It's a vehicle.  They come and they go.  I am not emotionally attached to them. 

My Dad gifted me a vehicle this past Christmas.  I am very emotionally attached to it.

I didn't name it.  I've never named cars, but think it's a cute idea.   

Esteemed Contributor

My family did when I was a kid. I remember Christy, a white car, and Penny and the Jolly Green Giant were both station wagons. We picked the names as a family. That was much easier to remember than the year, make, and model. My first car was a deep orange car that I named Sunkist. Then I got married and my DH thinks it is dumb to do so, and the naming stopped. I love my car now, a 2017 Santa Fe. I think I will name it and keep it to myself.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead