Esteemed Contributor

My dh and I were trying to take a selfie of us together to put in our grandaughter's card. It's pretty difficult and we thought we should get a selfie stick. We have an LG, not a "real" smart phone, but what it sounded like when I researched them is that you have to have blue tooth or something and "talk" to the stick? What? Neither one of us has much of a technical mind. Any suggestions for us old folks? TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Use a Selfie Stick?

@pattypeep, Bluetooth is required but some have the button to take photo or video on stick. Others use remote. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have selfie sticks, but my grand kids do and they use them when we are all together to take great group photos of all of us at holidays and birthdays. They have iPhones but I thought they work on all phones?. I just know  you hook the phone to the end and hit a button. lol..So I'm of no help I guess. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak That's what I was thinking ~ that there was a button of some sort. I think I need to keep looking. Thank you and thank you @Shorty2U.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep  You could do the old fashioned selfie and ask someone to take the pic for you.   She'll never know the difference!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Laura14: Yes, that's ok for a one time photo, but most people, me,  don't like being asked by strangers to take their photo, hence the selfie stick.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Laura14: Yes, that's ok for a one time photo, but most people, me,  don't like being asked by strangers to take their photo, hence the selfie stick.

@ahoymate  I have nothing against a selfie stick. Just a suggestion for another option.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use a selfie stick because I only have an Ipad and it's too heavy. My phone is just a flip phone that I carry only for emergencies in my car. However, my neighbor girl got a stick for Christmas one year, and she is an expert at taking pics with it. A very useful tool for photographers.

Respected Contributor

I'm not into selfies.

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 I agree with you; however, when one's only grandchild lives 3,000 miles away and is a mere 18 months old, you need pictures and Skype so they don't forget what you look like. Heart