Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use a Selfie Stick?

My granddaughter has one.  I didnt even know you had to work them, lol!  I thought they just held the phone, thats how much I know!!  I dont like pics of myself, i run when cameras are around.  But i love the selfies my grands send me!!!!!  I love my grandkids, what blessings they are!

Respected Contributor

Twopeas, I concede your point about the value of pictures, but there's a certain desperation, I feel, in taking pictures of oneself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

Twopeas, I concede your point about the value of pictures, but there's a certain desperation, I feel, in taking pictures of oneself.

If desperation means making someone happy

with a photo, than so be it.  People have been taking

pictures of oneself for hundreds of years...it’s not a new thing.

@pattypeep

I know w/ an iPhone, you can use your volume control on your headphones to take pictures.  That comes in handy if you want to hold the phone way out with one hand & use the other hand to snap the photo...instead of trying to press the button & hold w/ one hand.  Don’t know if android has this feature, but try it....might help. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never taken a selfie 🤳!!

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have never taken a selfie 🤳!!

Nice to meet another non-selfie taker 😀!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 Seriously? Desperation? OMG. Many people take selfies for different reasons: Facebook, etc, which I do not participate in. When someone wants to share pictures with family members who are hundreds of miles away, selfies are a treasure. What is the main difference between asking a neighbor to schlep over to our house to snap our picture than with us taking it ourselves? Easy and not imposing on others.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

It just feels desperate to me!

Honored Contributor

Nope, I've only used hockey sticks.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Nope, I've only used hockey sticks.

hckynut

Woman LOL Smiley LOL  Cat LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep The cameras on all three of the LG tracfones I've had have have the ability to set a delay of three or ten seconds when taking a picture. They also have the option of voice control. I would think you could use these two features to take a selfie as long as you were in a quiet place and perhaps raised your voice just slightly. You should be able to turn on the voice control (once in a while I'll have to turn the feature off then back on), get your shot composed, then say one of the words the camera recognizes. You'll see a countdown on the screen before it takes the picture. 

I do use bluetooth to transfer images to my tablet. However, I haven't gotten around to adding bluetooth to my pc (in fact I'm not even sure where the dongle I purchased is), so I just email the image to myself and download it.