Trusted Contributor

YES! I want them to know that the fruit is bad. Many times the apples look OK on the outside, but are mealy and  spoiled on the inside. They do not know unless we the consumer tell the store.  

Honored Contributor

The only fruit purchase I can remember returning was a honeydew melon that was moldy inside.  

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine NOT returning it.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I should, but I don't. I work full time and any free time is precious to me. I also don't have the energy, physical or psychic, to put the bad fruit in the car and make a special trip to schlep it back, just for a $3-6 refund. I just don't buy that fruit at that store after that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I don't return bad fruit but do vocalize it to c/s with my receipt.  So far have gotten a refund.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had a watermelon explode all over my kitchen 2 hours after I brought it home......returned it......

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I should, but I don't. I work full time and any free time is precious to me. I also don't have the energy, physical or psychic, to put the bad fruit in the car and make a special trip to schlep it back, just for a $3-6 refund. I just don't buy that fruit at that store after that.

I don't make a special trip- just do it next time I shop there or if I am in the area for the most part.

Respected Contributor

We have better luck with the miniature watermelons and only buy those now  

Honored Contributor

Next time you're in the check out line,  ASK THE CASHIER what's the best way to handle that situation.

Many stores will take your word for it IF you have the cash register receipt .....   and don't really need the "evidence".

I have returned a few things ... bad deli potato salad, iffy cottage cheese, terrible fruit.      I have NO problems returning clothing, shoes .... or food.

Honored Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

We have better luck with the miniature watermelons and only buy those now  

Us too normally but the two pack we bought at Costco was all mush- both. Very very bad. But for the most part, they are usually very good and less issues than the bigger ones.