Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember When QVC.....

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   Gabriella T sweaters were one of the nicest items QVC ever carried.  I've still got mine plus a couple I've never worn.  Seems it's always too hot or cold for them in my climate as they were lightweight.

@PINKdogWOOD 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

George Simonton-great designs and quality!

download.jpg

Black Hills Gold and vendor Jim's socks

Black Hills Gold Independence Day 2003 - YouTube

Fenton Glass...............

Fenton ArtGlass Handpainted Cat Collection - QVC.com

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

The Koos guy: it wasn't off camera when he yelled at a host-it was on camera.

Correct he was on camera yelling. I meant he was yelling to someone off camera as in turned away from Patty and facing the other person. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

I bought the one with horses. I never wore it. Finally donated it to Goodwill.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lucky Charm    Koos was pudgy and always wore an apron.  He had a very nasty disposition.  I think that got him kicked out of QVC.  Nothing like Stan Herman. 

@Kachina624 The QVC's resident rude grouch who treated the hosts and the callers with equal doses of sarcasm and disdain. He flat out told several hosts to shut up. While I could sympathize to some extent, it was still unprofessional. He had no filter. Maybe he was just fed up with everything and needed to retire.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember one time when Koos was presenting his stuff and sternly demanded the background music be silenced. He said something to the effect that his clothes didn't need that kind of thing. It was that very moment that made a not-so-good impression on me and I never wanted to buy any of his things after that. He was just too good for the Q, very condescending. Who cares if he was the inventor of "The Cosby Sweater"...pft. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been cleaning out my jewelry closets (yes, plural).  Hundreds of Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Kirks Folly, pieces going onto eBay - I never wore 90% of them.  But they were certainly well made and stylish.

Trusted Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I have been cleaning out my jewelry closets (yes, plural).  Hundreds of Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Kirks Folly, pieces going onto eBay - I never wore 90% of them.  But they were certainly well made and stylish.

@sashamatthews 

Wow! Selling any of the Diamonique in Epiphany from the older days? 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor

I miss storybook knits and sports savvy too.  

Esteemed Contributor

I loved those days back then. The quality of the items was so much better, and the clothing was much more stylish. The older brands were the best! I remember a show called evening enchantment with Kathy Levine when it was CVN. Beautiful beaded outfits.